weird map articulation bug

JonnyHeyhey

Question

Hi guys...recently asked a question about map articulation problem but I discovered another problem :(...

Previously my keyswitches from previous map articulation keeps coming randomly back.

I've unticked the zero controllers when play stops and midi event chase on play, that helps but the problem still comes up.

Today I noticed something strange. Like there are some bars on the piano roll that I cannot assign map articulations too. For instance if I create a map articulation and then drag it towards the right, then there will be a point where I cannot drag it anymore. It's like there are some invisible midi data there that is preventing me from changing the event happening there. So as a result, the note that is sitting in that uneditable space cannot be map articulated again.

I've tried removing the clip and then deleting the empty space to be double sure rewriting that section again and that seems to work. But it's going to be a waste of time doing it for every section with these invisible midi spaces around :(..

Any clues to fix this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again.

3 answers to this question

Hi, I uploaded the video. Hmm the video shows two notes with one map articulation. But map articulation keeps switching because I think there is an invisible map articulation there in the region where I cannot create new map articulation...which explains why sometimes my keyswitches keep changing randomly throughout the project

Also at the end of the video I tried to drag the clip that I tried to edit map articulation. And it says "Out of memory" I suspect that there are a lot of hidden midi information in that clip or corrupt info..I dunno....

I think that's why sometimes the pitch in different sections keeps changing for no reasons up and down...started ever since I tried map articulation....do you know why that is as well? It's like it's triggering some sort of a pitch change and I'd have to restart cakewalk or play with my pitch wheel....

Edited by JonnyHeyhey

4 hours ago, JonnyHeyhey said:

Hi, I uploaded the video. Hmm the video shows two notes with one map articulation. But map articulation keeps switching because I think there is an invisible map articulation there in the region where I cannot create new map articulation...which explains why sometimes my keyswitches keep changing randomly throughout the project

Also at the end of the video I tried to drag the clip that I tried to edit map articulation. And it says "Out of memory" I suspect that there are a lot of hidden midi information in that clip or corrupt info..I dunno....

I think that's why sometimes the pitch in different sections keeps changing for no reasons up and down...started ever since I tried map articulation....do you know why that is as well? It's like it's triggering some sort of a pitch change and I'd have to restart cakewalk or play with my pitch wheel....

@JonnyHeyhey - can you PM me a copy of the project so I can take a look?