(NOT A DEAL) Native Instruments announced the sale of the company to a technology investor

Leok85

2 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Yep I keep hoping ST4 will be expanded. 

I believe it's a real possibility.  Their main Total Studio package is pretty huge already. Many if not most of the sounds are very good. IK recently updated their web portal making it easier to get those larger downloads *hopefully*.  

For me personally,  I could easily make the change for what I do. None of my mixes are large or complex. I have several orchestras that use their own players i.e. BBCSO. 

And if everything failed.....................I still have real instruments.;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Really for what I do ST4max  was a great buy for me. YMMV.  

I got in on ST4 Max at the pre-release price, upgraded from ST3.  Now with Total Studio Max crossgrade, the group buy with the MODO's and Hammond B-3X, I have pretty much everything IK now. Even added Mixbox and Sunset Studio just for grins! :)

ST4 Max certainly has the sounds!

Still only using NI Kontakt Player for a couple of paid for libraries that only run in Kontakt. Don't really see the need for the full Kontakt at this point, however I might grab it on the next sale just in case NI decides to go to subscription only.

Edited by abacab

5 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I didn't go for the Total Studio Max as I locked up my wallet to prevent me from spending money on it 😆

I got TS Max ridiculously cheap, and it filled out my T-Racks 5 and Amplitube 4 collection. Plus upgraded me from Miroslav 2 CE to the full version.

• Like 1

I already had Miroslav 2 full and I'm not a guitar player so I didn't really see the need for the Amplitube collection at this time. 

What I could use in the future is the next level Orchestra but I'm not ready to spend $$$ for it at the moment. Have two daughters starting College. One this Fall and the other the following fall.

Edited by InstrEd
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I already had Miroslav 2 full and I'm not a guitar player so I didn't really see the need for the Amplitube collection at this time. 

What I could use in the future is the next level Orchestra but I'm not ready to spend $$$ for it at the moment. Have two daughters starting College. One this Fall and the other the following fall.

What do you mean by "next level Orchestra"? Spitfire or something like that?

30 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

If I had deep $$$$ I would get https://www.vsl.co.at/en/VI_Series/Symphonic_Cube    🤣

I brought Staffpad and think I will try one of the Spitfire add-ons as needed in the future. I have some Gift cards to the Microsoft Store.  Why couldn't I of won the billion dollar lottery last week!

I have only very humble needs in the orchestral library arena. I'm a noob in that respect, just getting my feet wet. :)

For example the built-in PreSonus Notion 6 instruments are mostly good enough for what I need, but they are locked into Notion. So if you use them in Notion and then move your song MIDI from there to a DAW for example, you lose your sounds (and yes I'm aware of Rewire, but don't like it).

My efforts to find a one-stop solution to that ended up with why I am using Kontakt Player. Notion allows you to add 3rd party libraries via VST, so if you assign those in instruments in Notion and then send the project over to Studio One 5, you will have the same plugin sounds all set up automatically in S1 using the same library.

The library I'm using for that is a budget sized one called Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra, produced by the Sonic Scores - Overture developer in partnership with Indiginus. The library runs in Kontakt Player and is $99 for Overture customers, otherwise $149. I got it for $99.

Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra
$149

An entire great sounding orchestra, with sounds that have been proven on countless productions, media
and game scores for only $149. What's not to like?

Covering all the essentials of the orchestra, Amadeus includes– strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion,
keyboards, guitars and more. Everything you need for creating quick sketches, orchestra, film, and game
scores is at your finger tips. The library has been designed to load fast and provide authentic sounding
instruments, allowing you to create incredibly realistic scores.

Amadeus is compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

https://indiginus.com/amadeus.html

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

AmadeusMain-1.png

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

I'm  not going to be working on the next great piece I'm sure. It has always been a hobby though.  I have Finale and also GPO too.  So for the most part I can make do with what I have.    I'll have to take a look at what you posted.   

Edited by InstrEd

4 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

I actually find that I reach for ST4 the most ... mostly because I like the FX.

That's why I picked up IK MixBox, so I could use those effects anywhere! 😁

And I am finding ST4 is a main a go-to for sampled instruments.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

I was "lucky" and picked up Amadeus and the Full Komplete deals when they came out.  I was also able to pick up the TSM deal.  I actually find that I reach for ST4 the most ... mostly because I like the FX.

Have a agree as I seem to be using ST4 more and more.  I think most of us love the product just hate the download system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I have only very humble needs in the orchestral library arena. I'm a noob in that respect, just getting my feet wet. :)

For example the built-in PreSonus Notion 6 instruments are mostly good enough for what I need, but they are locked into Notion. So if you use them in Notion and then move your song MIDI from there to a DAW for example, you lose your sounds (and yes I'm aware of Rewire, but don't like it).

My efforts to find a one-stop solution to that ended up with why I am using Kontakt Player. Notion allows you to add 3rd party libraries via VST, so if you assign those in instruments in Notion and then send the project over to Studio One 5, you will have the same plugin sounds all set up automatically in S1 using the same library.

The library I'm using for that is a budget sized one called Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra, produced by the Sonic Scores - Overture developer in partnership with Indiginus. The library runs in Kontakt Player and is $99 for Overture customers, otherwise $149. I got it for $99.

https://indiginus.com/amadeus.html

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

AmadeusMain-1.png

The better libraries give you more articulations with more mic positions. Sometimes better samples. That doesn't in any way mean you can't make excellent mixes using Amadeus. You can map it in Cakewalk using the new articulations feature just like any other instrument. 

UNIFY has been mentioned here before. Just the patches John made for the Discovery and CORE versions of his UNIFY creation are incredible. You can drag Amadeus into it too, or any other instrument it scans. It has a LOT of features Kontakt has and more only that program lets you mix things up. You don't need Kontakt anything to use it. You could probably drag Kontakt into IT.

Edited by Starise

11 minutes ago, Starise said:

The better libraries give you more articulations with more mic positions. Sometimes better samples.

But you can't buy them for $99 either. Some folks only need a library for sketching ideas, not for a final production. So a quality, inexpensive library with a light footprint is sometimes all you need.

Hobbyists and amateurs often don't need to, or can't afford to, spend money on "the better libraries" to make music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

But you can't buy them for $99 either. Some folks only need a library for sketching ideas, not for a final production. So a quality, inexpensive library with a light footprint is sometimes all you need.

Hobbyists and amateurs often don't need to, or can't afford to, spend money on "the better libraries" to make music.

I'm in full agreement abacab. It's a great program I would consider better than merely a sketch library. I have it and use it.👍