language of emotions

Pcode

JMO: (1) the semantic content of the various scenes within the trailer and the affective content of the score segments support each other to a high degree and (2a) you hit inflection points very well and (2b) the use of musical changes (including pauses) are used very effectively to underscore the drama of the spliced scenes.

Not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for, but maybe these casual impressions will help.  There is much in academic and popular literature related to music as a medium of communication from a multitude of perspectives. 

15 hours ago, kurt soderquist said:

Yes, good dramatic soundtrack. Sounds very nice.

@kurt soderquist Thanks for the feedback  

Wow 2 very different viewpoints,

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

JMO: (1) the semantic content of the various scenes within the trailer and the affective content of the score segments support each other to a high degree and (2a) you hit inflection points very well and (2b) the use of musical changes (including pauses) are used very effectively to underscore the drama of the spliced scenes.

Not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for, but maybe these casual impressions will help.  There is much in academic and popular literature related to music as a medium of communication from a multitude of perspectives. 

@User 905133 you probably perceive things like I do, at least musically speaking, you get the emotionality aspect, appreciate your feedback.  

10 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I think the emotion of the music did not match the emotion scenes. The video was why more energetic than the music.  The music was good and would work great with different video content.

@Max Arwood, the idea was to underscore the “emotionality of the events”, which in this case is utter devastation at a planetary scale , convey sadness and grandeur at the same time. I see that did not resonate with your emotions,   I appreciate your feedback.  

5 hours ago, Pcode said:

@kurt soderquist Thanks for the feedback  

Wow 2 very different viewpoints,

@User 905133 you probably perceive things like I do, at least musically speaking, you get the emotionality aspect, appreciate your feedback.  

@Max Arwood, the idea was to underscore the “emotionality of the events”, which in this case is utter devastation at a planetary scale , convey sadness and grandeur at the same time. I see that did not resonate with your emotions,   I appreciate your feedback.  

I think it was the tempo seemed slow for for parts with so much action.  The 1st shot with the lady was great, the music was perfect.  But, I hear the same music when a bomb goes off, and when a mega title wave is coming in with vary little variation.  The music's emphasizing beat (usually beat 1) should match screen changes .  Also the tension seemed almost the same all the way through.  The music was really great. Very good theme but could use more variation for different scenes. I could never write something like this!  "utter devastation at a planetary scale" No not like that!!! 🙂 Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I think it was the tempo seemed slow for for parts with so much action.  The 1st shot with the lady was great, the music was perfect.  But, I hear the same music when a bomb goes off, and when a mega title wave is coming in with vary little variation.  The music's emphasizing beat (usually beat 1) should match screen changes .  Also the tension seemed almost the same all the way through.  The music was really great. Very good theme but could use more variation for different scenes. I could never write something like this!  "utter devastation at a planetary scale" No not like that!!! 🙂 Hope this helps.

I see your point Max, yes the video is not perfectly synchronized, at every scene, but to me, the tempo seemed right for the emotion.  but point taken.