SI Drums, SI Bass, SI Strings, and SessionDrummer Missing

Ziga

Hello,

I've been using Cakewalk by Bandlab since it was released and I've never encountered any issues until now. However, recently all of the included instruments stopped working. The error message said that the .dll file was missing, however, I haven't moved it manually and I haven't messed with the instruments' installation folder. I've deleted Cakewalk and did a clean install, but now the instruments are completely missing. I've ticked all the boxes at installation, including SI Suite, yet it's nowhere to be found.  XLN Audio's Addictive Keys, Kontakt and other VSTs are all there. I've scanned the entire hard drive for the SI Suite, but it isn't there. 

It's pissing me off as the SI Suite offers great starter drum kits that I've been relying on, especially SessionDrummer. 

Any insight into the situation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  

I encountered the same problem.  I loaded a song that contained SI Bass and the SI Strings and got a message saying that the SI instruments were missing or not installed properly.  All the folders for the SI were present in my computer but Cakewalk by Bandlab did not scan the VSTs properly.  I really don't know if uninstalling and reinstalling Cakewalk by Bandlab would have solved the problem but I definitely couldn't reinstall the SI Suite because the addon install of the Studio Instruments Stuite was greyed out for me but I solved the problem by launching the old Cakewalk Command Center (luckily I did not uninstall my old Sonar Platinum) and proceeded to reinstall the Studio Instruments Suite.

I suppose that, if you no longer have the Command Center you could download the Suite by logging into your old Cakewalk account and possibly reinstall your old version of Sonar if needed.

I’ve just restarted using this having left it for a while.  I had the old version, installed soon after it became available though BandLab, and updated yesterday because I had reset my computer I was only in demo mode, but now the only instrument present is the TTS synth. I don’t know what should be there, but I know I used to have a drum kit and bass plug in.  

• 11 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:19 PM, Michael N said:

I encountered the same problem.  I loaded a song that contained SI Bass and the SI Strings and got a message saying that the SI instruments were missing or not installed properly.  All the folders for the SI were present in my computer but Cakewalk by Bandlab did not scan the VSTs properly.  I really don't know if uninstalling and reinstalling Cakewalk by Bandlab would have solved the problem but I definitely couldn't reinstall the SI Suite because the addon install of the Studio Instruments Stuite was greyed out for me but I solved the problem by launching the old Cakewalk Command Center (luckily I did not uninstall my old Sonar Platinum) and proceeded to reinstall the Studio Instruments Suite.

I suppose that, if you no longer have the Command Center you could download the Suite by logging into your old Cakewalk account and possibly reinstall your old version of Sonar if needed.

Michael N., I realize you're not technical support, but I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I want to reinstall Sonar and then SD, but I've lost my CW password, and when I try to use the CW PW reset tool (https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password), I get a notification that a reset link has been sent to my email address, but I'm not getting the reset link email. I've tried a couple of times, and checked my junk mail folder, but nothing.

So, apologies for bugging you about this but I am, as I said, getting desperate and just thought I'd ping you as alast ditch effort to see if you had any ideas how I can get some help on this. Thank in advance for any help you can provide.

6 minutes ago, Ann Ominous said:

Michael N., I realize you're not technical support, but I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I want to reinstall Sonar and then SD, but I've lost my CW password, and when I try to use the CW PW reset tool (https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password), I get a notification that a reset link has been sent to my email address, but I'm not getting the reset link email. I've tried a couple of times, and checked my junk mail folder, but nothing.

So, apologies for bugging you about this but I am, as I said, getting desperate and just thought I'd ping you as alast ditch effort to see if you had any ideas how I can get some help on this. Thank in advance for any help you can provide.

The old Cakewalk servers are in archive mode.

They have no email services running.

To reset a password on the old servers requires assistance from support@cakewalk.com

For more info see https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021666254-I-used-Cakewalk-a-long-time-ago-but-now-Cakewalk-com-says-account-creation-is-disabled-

58 minutes ago, scook said:

The old Cakewalk servers are in archive mode.

They have no email services running.

To reset a password on the old servers requires assistance from support@cakewalk.com

For more info see https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021666254-I-used-Cakewalk-a-long-time-ago-but-now-Cakewalk-com-says-account-creation-is-disabled-

@scook, thanks very much. I thought that that might be the case but I just wanted to see if anyone knew. I've submitted a request on the CbB support site.

Thanks again!