dr. martin luther king jr.

jack c.

Jack, this is quite unique and unexpected.  It sounds like you put a lot of thought and emotion into this, and for that, I commend you.  The only thing that caught my attention was the middle section that just didn't seem to flow with the rest of the song.  Other than that, well done.

"The times make the man t, the man does not make the times" my father loved to quote this.

Occasionally great men do come along that at the very least significantly effect the times.

RIP Abraham, Martin, Bobby and John.
this is a better world for you having graced us with your presence...

t

If I have a crit, its the mellotron? voices need a little reverb (maybe a lot).

@jack c. I wasn't clear, the synths (that I thought sounded like a mellotron voice patch),
need a little reverb.

The vocal (spoken words) is fine.

Edited by DeeringAmps
added comment

Did well here jack.
Loved the panning at the beginning on the twinkle.. caught my ear and made me concentrate.
Somehow was very eastern orientated (yoga based) 🙂
As Lynn also commented on..  you put quite a bit of thought into this one.

we all paint very different pictures.. the strings I found grinding.. and harsh..  maybe a little verb?

If I have a crit, its the mellotron?

no mellotron

voices need a little reverb (maybe a lot).

since its spoken word i put on room verb.

the strings I found grinding

explain further

thanks for listen/comments.jack c.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:35 PM, garybrun said:

Did well here jack.
Loved the panning at the beginning on the twinkle.. caught my ear and made me concentrate.
Somehow was very eastern orientated (yoga based) 🙂
As Lynn also commented on..  you put quite a bit of thought into this one.

we all paint very different pictures.. the strings I found grinding.. and harsh..  maybe a little verb?

2 hours ago, garybrun said:

harsh and hurts my ears.

so how can i make that better?jack c.

A very unique track. I say this because it has elements in it I am not accustomed to hearing played together. The bells and light percussion give it that New Age sort of meditation kind of feel on one level. On another level it's a negro spiritual ( which I happen to LOVE BTW). All played under spoken word. A very fitting tribute to a very wonderful man.

3 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

nicely done Jack and a fitting tribute. Definitely a labour of love

39 minutes ago, Starise said:

A very unique track. I say this because it has elements in it I am not accustomed to hearing played together. The bells and light percussion give it that New Age sort of meditation kind of feel on one level. On another level it's a negro spiritual ( which I happen to LOVE BTW). All played under spoken word. A very fitting tribute to a very wonderful man.

thank you both for listen/comments.jack c.

I had trouble understanding a couple of your other songs but the vocal is very clear on this one.
You have three or four different themes going on, from the spiritual to kind of new age, which was distracting to me.
I thought the ending is quite effective, the spoken "free at last" with the bells.

-Bjorn