Black Lion USB Audio Interface (not a deal)

Grem

On 1/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Drivers, drivers, drivers 

Definitely information I wish was more readily available, in general.

Not only how good the drivers are out of the gate, but how often they are updated and for how long. I feel like this is almost the most important tech spec, but it is also the hardest to figure out with the various companies.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

Definitely information I wish was more readily available, in general.

Not only how good the drivers are out of the gate, but how often they are updated and for how long. I feel like this is almost the most important tech spec, but it is also the hardest to figure out with the various companies.

This is a great idea. This kind of info could sway many potential buyers. It should be standard info on all audio interfaces. 

@Christian Jones looks like an excellent addition to your toolbox. 

A couple of years ago someone said quit spending money on plugins and buy a good mic preamp. Well worth the money.

• Like 1

Drivers are being supplied by Thesycon - the provide drivers for some other manufactures (SSL I think?) but are definitely NOT RME standard ...maybe not even MOTU (IMO!)

My only experience with BLA was 2 mod kits I bought right at the beginning of the company, probably over 15 years ago....They were to mod an Alesis 3630 - and they were pretty badly engineered - lots of incorrectly implemented choices (again IMO!) - Those compressors were not great to begin with and the mod kits didn't really help ...and in some circumstances made it worse.  Was a very long time ago and I'm sure that the company has changed but I don't always believe that a 3rd party can improve upon a major manufacturer's RnD department.

Edit - also BLA are one of those companies that talk 100% BS on digital clocking........Compare that to RME's opinons......so that sends a red flag to me, it says hype not science !

Edited by simon
  • Like 2