A WORD

Supa Reels

1 hour ago, Keith Wilby said:

Very nice, but before I read the comments I was thinking that bass and drums could give it a major boost.

Thanks Keith, if you read through some suggestions ( which I always take on board ) , some of my pears have suggested exactly that, hence the laughter emogee, It didn't work for me when I tried putting a drum and bass track on, most probably due to my skill level or preference when listening to it ..   Anyway I hope you get the emogee thing, cause I wouldn't want to offend 😉 and many thanks for your input & comment.

ATB

Steve

Cool tune and cool vid.

Right click on your video, "Stats for nerds" - YouTube gave you the crappier avc codec.

You can force YouTube to give you the better vp9 codec (clearer, less blur, better resolution) if you feed YouTube a file with a format bigger that 1080p.

can your video exporter crank out a 1440p file? or a 2K file?  If so, try uploading that to YouTube, then check (after a half hour or so) the "stats for Nerds" and see if you got the vp9 codec.

Here's an annoying vid, there's lots of other ones -

cheers!

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:53 PM, Keith Wilby said:

I know, that's why I said "before I read through the comments 😉

Sorry Keith .. it's down to tenses..... looks like I read the comment in the future tense  ..    as in ... read ( pron :- reedor I read ( pron :- red ) .

Anyway thanks for your comment .. hope it cleares it up @ I didn't  mean to offend through my ignorance .. 

Many thanks again

Steve

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulo said:

Sometimes songs are best left just the way they came out. This is one of them.

Like paintings ..you got to know your limitations and when to stop ... then except the warts an all ... Thankyou Paul for the comment, much appreciated

Regards

Steve

10 minutes ago, SupaReels said:

Like paintings ..you got to know your limitations and when to stop ... then except the warts an all ... Thankyou Paul for the comment, much appreciated

Regards

Steve

If we're talking paintings then in my case when to stop would be before picking up the brush! I wasn't really talking about limitations or warts, but yeah, knowing when to stop is important sometimes. (Said the bloke with a HD full of projects that he's convinced are worth keeping because a few tweaks might make them good - take my advice, I'm not using it, lol!)

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2021 at 12:13 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Cool tune and cool vid.

Right click on your video, "Stats for nerds" - YouTube gave you the crappier avc codec.

You can force YouTube to give you the better vp9 codec (clearer, less blur, better resolution) if you feed YouTube a file with a format bigger that 1080p.

can your video exporter crank out a 1440p file? or a 2K file?  If so, try uploading that to YouTube, then check (after a half hour or so) the "stats for Nerds" and see if you got the vp9 codec.

Here's an annoying vid, there's lots of other ones -

cheers!

-Tom

Just a quickie .seems that YT have cottoned on , tried loads of uploading formats however it just would play ball 😟 ...but thanks anyway I'll keep trying (or another site ?!)

Al the best Tom

8 minutes ago, SupaReels said:

Just a quickie .seems that YT have cottoned on , tried loads of uploading formats however it just would play ball 😟 ...but thanks anyway I'll keep trying (or another site ?!)

Al the best Tom

Did you wait, sometimes like half a day? They used to do an initial avc and then recode it to vp9. Perhaps the game has changed . . .

• Great Idea 1