A WORD

Supa Reels

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, very nice. Somehow you can make a melancholy song put me in a good mood.
What's a D365?

Thanks for your comment Bjorn, your enquiry about D365, It was a typo and should have read PD 365, which is a video editing software package I'm getting into right now. I am experimenting with different codecs and recording methods both audio and video ... heavy stuff (a bit like going back to college ) but hey, it keeps me from going nuts in these covid ridden times.☢️

Stay well mate

Best regards

Steve

46 minutes ago, kurt soderquist said:

Nice song, I was waiting for the drums and bass to come in though.

I never really thought of putting drums on this one Kurt ... Hmmm  ...if I was good enough at skins I'd have a go 'cause I bet that would add to the dynamics, thanks for the input,  I might see if I can though 😉👍

• Like 1

OMG, this is so dope!  This is one of my favorite tunes of yours on first listen.  Your vocal just shines.  (Boy, I'd love to hear you sing "Baker Street")  Please, keep making videos.  I hope to make one or two this year, just need some inspiration on the graphic's side.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

OMG, this is so dope!  This is one of my favorite tunes of yours on first listen.  Your vocal just shines.  (Boy, I'd love to hear you sing "Baker Street")  Please, keep making videos.  I hope to make one or two this year, just need some inspiration on the graphic's side.

..... And I'd love to be able to play Baker street .. a bit beyond my pay grade mate LOL ... thanks for the comments Lynn, I'm made up 9_9

Stay well

Steve

• Like 2

Nice work - the vocal really shines. I'm in two minds about drums and further instrumentation, I think I've ruined many a half-decent ballad over the years by adding a drum track but then again maybe it would add something - all you can do is try some and see which you prefer. On balance, I like this as it is - very well written and performed - I enjoyed the listen. Andy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treesha said:

Sounds great. Your vocals are wonderful and the music really compliments the mood of the lyrics and the emotion in your voice. Nicely mixed too. 

Thankyou for the comment Treesha, it may be of interest to note that I recorded this song using platinum then mastered it on my Tascam 688 to get the analogue feel after which I used Power Director for the video plus the Tascam track ... bit nerdy but just putting it out there in case of any interest.😎

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Nice work - the vocal really shines. I'm in two minds about drums and further instrumentation, I think I've ruined many a half-decent ballad over the years by adding a drum track but then again maybe it would add something - all you can do is try some and see which you prefer. On balance, I like this as it is - very well written and performed - I enjoyed the listen. Andy

I have to agree with you Andy, after reading Kurt's comment, it made me feel that drums and bass could pull the melody out and it hadn't occurred to me while writing the song .. so I have tried laying complimentary bass with a drum track, just to get a feel .. maybe it's my skill level but it spoiled the 'message' and has not worked so I wont be returning to this song with a view to alter it.

Thankyou for listening and the helpful comments.👍

Steve 

• Like 2