2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

1 hour ago, Gary Fox said:

Thank you, Noel. That explains part of an issue I have.  I sent in a support ticket asking your team how to provide more technical details about my crashes with the early access release. Cakewalk is just disappearing when trying to load projects, but not leaving any dump files, at least as far as I can tell. I asked if there might be some file somewhere when it crashed that I could send to them.

Here is what is odd about the issue. Sometimes the project opened in safe mode, sometimes it wouldn't. There is a Soundtoys plugin on this project, and IK Multimedia as well. I know IK hasn't always played nice with Cakewalk in terms of being responsive to fixing issues; so I wondered if that was it. It also seemed to load all the plugs, but then crash when the "Loading synth information" phrase came up. The synths are Addictive Drums 2 and NI's Kontakt. 

I did a rollback and the project opens without issues in the earlier version. So, if there is a file lurking somewhere I can send, I will be happy to do so. A big thank you to you and the team for keeping this DAW fresh and up-to-date. Bugs happen, they're a part of progress. 

Cheers,

Gary

UPDATE: Got the automated email with the steps to find the crash files. I checked the normal locations; sadly there are no DMP files for the crashes.

Hi @Gary Fox,

We haven't got a report about Kontakt related issues but its possible that some modules do the same. I will post a build for you to try once its ready so you can verify if it fixes your issue. If not we can troubleshoot some more. Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

I have upgraded to the latest version of CbB but now I am getting an error message when trying to open projects which were working fine 30 mins ago (see attached).

I can open projects in 'Safe' mode but all volume and pan settings are lost so this is no use.

Is there a button or way to uninstall the latest version as I have never had an issue with CbB before this update?

Thank you for your help.

20210124 CbB Error Message.docx

Just now, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi,

I have upgraded to the latest version of CbB but now I am getting an error message when trying to open projects which were working fine 30 mins ago (see attached).

I can open projects in 'Safe' mode but all volume and pan settings are lost so this is no use.

Is there a button or way to uninstall the latest version as I have never had an issue with CbB before this update?

Thank you for your help.

@thegaltieribrothers every release has a rollback installer so you can easily go back to the prior version. See the first para in the release notes.
Also can you confirm if you are running SoundToys plugins or what other plugins or synths are in your project. We have a fix for this issue which we will make available shortly later today if you want to try it.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the great feedback. There is a hotfix installer available that addresses the most important issues that were logged so far.
If you were affected by any of those issues please install it and report back if it addresses your problems.

@Helene Kolpakova

@Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@Osman Hemidov

@Gary Fox

@thegaltieribrothers   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately I too have problems with 2021.01 (build 86) and AZ Controller like @Heinz Hupfer mentioned above.

After a couple of fader or knob movements Cakewalk reacts sluggish when using my Control Surfaces, e.g. to select a track I have to press the corresponding button 2 or 3 times instead of one; MIDI values for volume, pan, send etc. don't respond correctly to knob and fader movements like before.

Refresh Frequency setting is 75ms and Allow10msControlSurfaceRefresh flag is not used.

Rolling back to version 2020.11 works, no problems with my controllers and AZ Controller.

Best,
Klaus

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

Thanks for the great feedback. There is a hotfix installer available that addresses the most important issues that were logged so far.
If you were affected by any of those issues please install it and report back if it addresses your problems.

@Helene Kolpakova

@Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@Osman Hemidov

@Gary Fox

@thegaltieribrothers   

@Noel Borthwick

I can happily report back that all the projects that didn't open is now working OK.

Thanks for a quick solution and all your hard work!

/CJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Unfortunately I too have problems with 2021.01 (build 86) and AZ Controller like @Heinz Hupfer mentioned above.

After a couple of fader or knob movements Cakewalk reacts sluggish when using my Control Surfaces, e.g. to select a track I have to press the corresponding button 2 or 3 times instead of one; MIDI values for volume, pan, send etc. don't respond correctly to knob and fader movements like before.

Refresh Frequency setting is 75ms and Allow10msControlSurfaceRefresh flag is not used.

Rolling back to version 2020.11 works, no problems with my controllers and AZ Controller.

Best,
Klaus

@Klaus, @Heinz Hupfer - I've checked the behaviour of the MackieControl.dll , and can't find any difference in responsiveness with CbB.  The MackieControl.dll hasn't changed at all for this release.

As we've not done anything specific to how control surface messages are handled, I can only assume that AZController is doing something that is causing the latest Cakewalk to either get in some sort of a message loop between CbB & AZController, or causing unnecessary screen updates.

I'll look into this deeper, but on the surface (no pun intended!), it looks like AZController is doing something it shouldn't be... or at least doing something it should be, but far too often!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

@Helene Kolpakova

@Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@Osman Hemidov

@Gary Fox

@thegaltieribrothers   

My issue was resolved by the hotfix! Thank you so much bakers, you're the best!!! 🤗

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

@Helene Kolpakova

@Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@Osman Hemidov

@Gary Fox

@thegaltieribrothers   

Articulation Pane working again - Thanks a lot. You are the best.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:43 AM, Helene Kolpakova said:

image.thumb.png.23cf52a1c8bd83c9861ba09edc2fc9bb.png

HOTFIX FIXED THE ISSUE. THANK YOU 🙂

Same issue here, Never had this problem before.

Even doing this then trying to save and using a different save folder it still only opens in safe mode.

This is also the 1st update that has caused crashes, i have never had a crash since bandlab have taken over CW.

2021.1 update has destroyed CW..... 😞

HOTFIX FIXED THE ISSUE. THANK YOU 🙂

Edited by walkintheseshoes
Fix found

5 minutes ago, walkintheseshoes said:

Same issue here, Never had this problem before.

Even doing this then trying to save and using a different save folder it still only opens in safe mode.

This is also the 1st update that has caused crashes, i have never had a crash since bandlab have taken over CW.

2021.1 update has destroyed CW..... 😞

PLEASE FIX

Have you tried the build 86 early release Hotfix?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Привет народ,

Спасибо за отличный отзыв. Существует программа установки доступны , в котором рассматриваются наиболее важные вопросы , которые были авторизованы до сих пор.
Если вы столкнулись с какой-либо из этих проблем, установите ее и сообщите, решит ли она ваши проблемы.

@ Елена Колпакова

@ Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@ Осман Хемидов

@ Гэри Фокс

@thegaltieribrothers   

Now projects are opening. Thank you for efficiency.

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

@Helene Kolpakova

@Spectrum424

@Promidi

@Andres Medina

@Andrey_rbk

@Osman Hemidov

@Gary Fox

@thegaltieribrothers   

Thank you!

On 1/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, solarlux said:

How to fix this issue with DrumReplacer?

drumreplacer.jpg.5108a11036ad90c8d1b07efb6b44d579.jpg

@solarluxI made this experience, too. Please don't try to use Drum Replacer as an VST-Insert. It should only be used as an region-effect like Melodyne. You may use the VST-Manager to disable it as a plugin... 😉 All the best 2 U

Edited by michheld
spell-checked ;-)
  • Like 1