Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, SR@BM said:

Same Issue.

Also, i cant seem to be able to change my theme. I change my theme in cakewalk and exit, but when i reopen it again the theme seems to revert back to the one i previously had, it seems that cakewalk is fixed on that particular theme and doesnt change at all, pls someone tell me what to do, i want to change my theme so bad!

I have the same problems ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Release Notes:

"The previous Large mode for the Select module is now the Medium mode."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SR@BM said:

Same Issue.

Also, i cant seem to be able to change my theme. I change my theme in cakewalk and exit, but when i reopen it again the theme seems to revert back to the one i previously had, it seems that cakewalk is fixed on that particular theme and doesnt change at all, pls someone tell me what to do, i want to change my theme so bad!

we have resolved whit the theme editor overwriting 

Edited by EnglandBross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Try to resize your modules between small, medium and large see what happens. 

I tried that a few times, doesn't reveal the new buttons.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I tried that a few times, doesn't reveal the new buttons.  Thanks

@Brian Walton I resolved whit overwriting my personal theme editor.

Edited by EnglandBross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I tried that a few times, doesn't reveal the new buttons.  Thanks

The same issue of not seeing the full Select module in Large size was present in the Early Access release as well. I assumed it was a cache issue so I opened and closed CbB a couple of times and I may also have switched between different themes once or twice. Finally CbB displayed the Large module as expected and I haven’t had this problem since then.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Canopus said:

The same issue of not seeing the full Select module in Large size was present in the Early Access release as well. I assumed it was a cache issue so I opened and closed CbB a couple of times and I may also have switched between different themes once or twice. Finally CbB displayed the Large module as expected and I haven’t had this problem since then.

Thanks.  I had changed themes and done computer reboots yesterday.  Today I swtiched about 10 different themes and it finally took.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Thanks.  I had changed themes and done computer reboots yesterday.  Today I swtiched about 10 different themes and it finally took.  

Are you restarting Cakewalk between switching themes?  Some theme components aren't fully refreshed until Cakewalk is restarted.

In theory, the following should work:

  • If you're running Mercury, switch to Tungsten, restart Cakewalk, switch back to Mercury, restart Cakewalk.
  • If you're running Tungsten, switch to Mercury, restart Cakewalk, switch back to Tungsten, restart Cakewalk.
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Are you restarting Cakewalk between switching themes?  Some theme components aren't fully refreshed until Cakewalk is restarted.

In theory, the following should work:

  • If you're running Mercury, switch to Tungsten, restart Cakewalk, switch back to Mercury, restart Cakewalk.
  • If you're running Tungsten, switch to Mercury, restart Cakewalk, switch back to Tungsten, restart Cakewalk.

Yeah, I had done restarts yesterday, but it wasn't until more switching today that it seemed to accept the updates.

Now on to modifying custom themes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get this error message when open some projects.

If I choose to open in safe mode and say "Yes to all" the project opens but all faders are set to unity gain and panning is set to center on all tracks.

If I choose "No to all" the project also opens and the faders and panning is OK but obviously no plug-ins.

If I save under new name I get the same error-msg

Please advice

Cakewalk_Eroor_20210123.PNG

Edited by Spectrum424
Clarify
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A simple question.

 

Why the installer ,put in the system Microsoft EdgeWebView 2 Runtime??. I don't understand why.

What part of Cakewalk uses this runtime libraries?.

Thnaks for the update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FJ Lamela said:

Why the installer ,put in the system Microsoft EdgeWebView 2 Runtime??. I don't understand why.

What part of Cakewalk uses this runtime libraries?.

The new Single Sign On feature

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

FWIW I can't reproduce this on my PC even though I have Waves 12.

I do a plugin scan on Cakewalk startup so it has to be related to that, since Waves shell plugins get scanned every time I start Cakewalk and that's when the WavesLocalServer loads Cakewalk's sndfile.dll.  ProcExplorer also seems to think that the WavesLocalServer's current directory is changed to Cakewalk's C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\.

I'll see if I can narrow it down some more.  Figure out what exactly is causing the directory change and the sndfile.dll load.

You might be able to change the Cakewalk installer to just kill the WavesLocalServer.exe process.  That seems bad but it might be better than the constant fails.  Rebuilding/renaming that dll would be a huge pain.  I see lots of Innosetup installers that do a kill process as part of their install (so if the app is running it is forced to exit).

 

image.png.442adb56d490d6685c47c3e791e23a22.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats strange I'm sure its a bug that its current directory is being set to cakewalk's folder. Its probably a side effect of the fact that the server is launched from the plugin dll which is loaded by the Cakewalk app. I'll pass this on to Waves as well. If the server runs from its local folder then I bet it wont load our dll. You can verify this by changing the path and doing a scan again. Let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Promidi said:

With 2021.1 Build 085, I am now unable to display the articulation map pane on a newly created MIDI track (Or SIT) in a new project. 

Clicking the PRV menu item: View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane has no effect.

I can, however, display the articulation map pane from an existing project.  But even on an existing project,  a newly created MIDI track exhibits the same issue.

I reverted to 2021.1 Build 075 and the View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane on a newly created MIDI track is worked again

Anyone else experiencing this before I shoot a note to support?

Same Here, exactly as you describe -

The only way to display the Articulation Pane is by manually dragging  the outline of the PRV.

Edited by Andres Medina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI:)

 

Now that I'm testing all:

 

Same Problem with Control Bar Select Module Changes, the new Buttons are not visible!

(Resolution: 3840x2160)

 

Problem with AZController:

Doesn't work properly in new Version 2021.01.

A Fader is moving from Midi Value 1 to 127 normally, after moving it 3 Times from 1-127 and back it suddenly only moves from 1 to 96 (All Faders and Rotors)

This is not happening when I install 2020.11 again.

 

Greetz;)

Bassman.

 

P.S. It's from 1-127 but it's jumping over some values. Always the same values!

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine shows up as "Cakewalk Core" - i think this is the path to the caller app

image.png.8484efdc546e7b9d452de52cb79d30e7.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spectrum424 said:

I get this error message when open some projects.

If I choose to open in safe mode and say "Yes to all" the project opens but all faders are set to unity gain and panning is set to center on all tracks.

If I choose "No to all" the project also opens and the faders and panning is OK but obviously no plug-ins.

If I save under new name I get the same error-msg

Please advice

Cakewalk_Eroor_20210123.PNG

Exactly the same behaviour! Is there a way to roll back to 2020.11? I need to finish a project this weekend.

If this helps, I'm on Windows 10 1909. Edge WebView component seemed to get installed successfully.

Edited by Helene Kolpakova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...