11 hours ago, Teegarden said:

You regularly report bugs, which is great. If those 10+ producers also report those issues each time they occur CbB will soon become a DAW outperforming in stability (as far as is possible with the infinite number of different hard/software installs and projects...).
From what you can see on the forum, issues directly reported to the bakers are handled fast and well (I've got the impression the last few months even more than before, maybe because after introducing large very welcome additions, there's now more focus on the lasting bugs?) so if your friends participate that will be for the good of everyone. 

Thanks @Teegarden 

Yes, I try to bring my part. Like I've said: It's because I'm one of those handful that started their careers with Cakewalk. Handful meaning: Cakewalk being the 1st DAW I have touched. 

but, I'm one guy out of 18 guys I know and work with / AND / they all have their own guys they work and collaborate with on their own production. So if you put this under that "Pyramid umbrella chain thing" I can easily be part of a 1000+ producers underneath this chain. So it's difficult to get everyone to report here. Those I am close to, them I can't force if they don't want to. 

Try telling someone whom has been longer than you in the business and only starting out with cakewalk since it became free, to support the brand by reporting the bugs. You'll hear the answers you get. 

Now here the the thing: You that's forcing to look into Cakewalk to just try it out - that's promoting the product. Now come up here to report or give feedback and get answers like this - it gona start raising some questions like - why should I care about cakewalk anymore when I'm just here to help, but het answers like this in return? In return you also just dont care anymore. Coming on the forum with the mindset: If I report this they gona blame my system or windows or my workflow.

That's exhausting. 

Posted (edited)

I think it's a shame that criticism on the CbB development always gets that emotional! 😄

But on the other hand I felt sympathy for the concerns of @loqand @Will_Kaydo, though I refuse the provoking tone of their complaints! I agree that there are still a lot of issues in CbB (although I rarely have crashes), e.g. clip manipulation in take lanes is nearly impossible that's why I always insert a working track that is empty for clip manipulation! This works so far! Actually I had also preferred more bug fixes than things like the Arranger and Articulation Maps, though I agree with @Noel Borthwick that it's impossible to satisfy all users (especially such ungrateful ones like me 😆). If I go thru the bug fixes in the last couple of releases, then I also see that many fixes are related to the new features!

But after all I see it positive and hope that the new release is a turn and it will bring a lot of long awaited fixes! 😄

Edited by marled

>>If I go thru the bug fixes in the last couple of releases, then I also see that many fixes are related to the new features!

This is completely normal to the way we work. When we release a new feature we continue refining and making it as solid as possible before moving on to the next area. We also tend to fix issues by category. In every release we tackle areas like Plugins, editing, UX, workflow, performance and stability. So there is something there for everyone and the product gets better in every release.

I’ll be the first to say that we still have plenty of room for improvement despite the fact that focus has been very high on making the product more stable since 2018. We look at the forums social media groups but the best way to get attention to problems and solve them quickly is to write specific and demonstrable reports of problems encountered, include a project file or video demonstrating the issue (if necessary) and include dump files if the issue is a crash or hang. And of course send the case to support and get a ticket to follow up. Following these basic steps has a much greater effect than making general statements like “I run into issues on every project”, etc. Not everyone has the time to do this, but if you care about getting issues fixed this is the only way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1