2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I used to feel the same way but I'm warming to them. Anyway, your comment makes no sense. My suggestion in NO way would force you to use Workspaces in order to access the Video View.

It sounded as though you were suggesting removal of the frames area unless used in a special workspace for video.

In the work I do these days, workspaces are not needed and I'd like to stay that way please.

When Workspace = None, then everything is available and I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Anyway, Noel has confirmed the behavior and I'm mostly okay with it.

However, with Tempo Track, Arranger Track, and Video Track all sharing that space, you can't trust what you're going to see if you try to drag the separator down. Best only ever use the keyboard shortcuts.

2 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

When Workspace = None, then everything is available and I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Anyway, Noel has confirmed the behavior and I'm mostly okay with it.

However, with Tempo Track, Arranger Track, and Video Track all sharing that space, you can't trust what you're going to see if you try to drag the separator down. Best only ever use the keyboard shortcuts.

AOK. Sounds good to me. I agree about them being ambiguous, but usually CbB displays a tooltip mousing over things so I don't recall any issues, but honestly I don't use Arranger either, and tempo mapping is rarely needed here as most of the work I deal with was recorded to a metronome click. Videos are much more common, so I use video view there. Tempo mapping was easy for me prior to the tempo map so as any bugs disappear, it's fine...

That just brought up an interesting idea. What about discrete track tempo mapping added to Audiosnap? Maybe a second multidock to handle these new drop down views?

I digress, sorry...