2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

In the track view, an instrument track does not display the audio gain control, it displays MIDI velocity (note Vel+ above the slider).

An instrument track inspector strip gain knob adjusts audio gain from the Audio tab and velocity from the MIDI tab.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scook said:

In the track view, an instrument track does not display the audio gain control, it displays MIDI velocity.

An instrument track inspector strip gain knob adjusts audio gain from the Audio tab and velocity from the MIDI tab.

Uhh sore about stupid post. Thanks very much about information now i know

Edited by solarlux

On 2/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, scook said:

Try right-clicking on the button to bring up the Select options. The popup menu hangs around long enough to click on a new setting.

Thanks. It happens exactly the same way.
Actually, I can choose an option, but anyway it is something to fix for the next version.

Edited by MarianoGF

On 2/14/2021 at 7:51 PM, msmcleod said:

This menu is also repeated here, which may be quicker/easier to access than using the select module if you've got it collapsed.

Thanks.
Actually, I can choose an option from the select menu, but anyway that's something very simple to fix (I guess) for the next version.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:20 PM, User 905133 said:

@MarianoGF  How do you get (1) more than one option and (2) a column for checks?  I only had one option and no check column, so I thought it was a tooltip for the button.  In fact, when I turned tooltips off, I didn't get it at all regardless of the size of the module.  

So, if you turn tooltips off do you still get the box with what seems to be options to select?

Verified on my PC, too:   OK.  I figured it out--I was hovering not right-clicking.  When I right clicked, I got the same quickly disappearing selection box (even when using Mercury and Tungsten).

I was able to make the change, but the box shouldn't time out like that.  

Yes, it is very possible to choose an option, but the first time it took me four tryings just to read and understand them. Then I discovered that the issue didn't happen with the large size select module. I guess they will easily fix it for next release. Thanks.

Has Cakewalk stopped support for CD/DVD drives in the Media Browser?

My D : (DVD Drive) shows up in Windows like this:

209381361_DiskCapture1.PNG.3f939b200a563cc6bd6f1a33dc81c452.PNG

But in CBB: It no longer shows up in the Media Browser:

1496811853_DiskCapture2.PNG.b6f602538f79be58508e5508f076d596.PNG

However, I tested Sonar X3, and it shows up there.    It also showed up in Studio One 4, and SoundForge.

I know I'm old school, but I have *many* sample CDs/DVDs that I have collected and like to get samples from.

I wonder if anybody else is having this same issue?

There is a problem in articulation map.
To show that :
1.insert articulation A at instant A
2.insert articulation B at instant B later than A
3.play from start until further than B
4.stop the playing
5.restart the playing
At that point Cakewalk send articulation A when it should
send articulation B
The only workaround in
Preferences/Project/Midi/Other options : uncheck "inclure les événements de notes"

3 hours ago, Hopital said:

There is a problem in articulation map.
To show that :
1.insert articulation A at instant A
2.insert articulation B at instant B later than A
3.play from start until further than B
4.stop the playing
5.restart the playing
At that point Cakewalk send articulation A when it should
send articulation B
The only workaround in
Preferences/Project/Midi/Other options : uncheck "inclure les événements de notes"

We've fixed this issue for the next release.

A better workaround for the time being is to set the "Chase" type within your articulation to "Full Chase"

12 hours ago, forkol said:

Has Cakewalk stopped support for CD/DVD drives in the Media Browser?

My D : (DVD Drive) shows up in Windows like this:

209381361_DiskCapture1.PNG.3f939b200a563cc6bd6f1a33dc81c452.PNG

But in CBB: It no longer shows up in the Media Browser:

1496811853_DiskCapture2.PNG.b6f602538f79be58508e5508f076d596.PNG

However, I tested Sonar X3, and it shows up there.    It also showed up in Studio One 4, and SoundForge.

I know I'm old school, but I have *many* sample CDs/DVDs that I have collected and like to get samples from.

I wonder if anybody else is having this same issue?

Just had to check this out, DVD showing ok here, I realise this doesn't help but hopefully will tell why yours fails to show. Roy

3 hours ago, Royarn said:

Just had to check this out, DVD showing ok here, I realise this doesn't help but hopefully will tell why yours fails to show. Roy

Thanks man.  I guess I'll have to keep on investigating what could be the issue.

6 minutes ago, forkol said:

Thanks man.  I guess I'll have to keep on investigating what could be the issue.

Humour me...disable the floppy drive (you have a floppy drive in 2021!!??! :-)) in Device Manager, reboot and try again.

2 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Humour me...disable the floppy drive (you have a floppy drive in 2021!!??! :-)) in Device Manager, reboot and try again.

I guess if still you use a Roland Sound Brush, or a Roland SD-35 (basically a combined sound canvas/sound brush) it might be useful!

FWIW - I've still got an Alesis DataDisk in my live rack, with backups of all my synth / guitar patches... just in case!

Used CW all morning and afternoon to save stems, remix and a bunch of other stuff, so I know it was fine.

For some reason I clicked on the "Update" button in BandLab Assistant (against my better judgment) and now the program crashes as soon as I try to load a project that worked fine this morning. See dialog box below.

I did a System Restore because I really needed to get back to work. Unfortunately, after a successful Restore, the CW app's Help About reports that it's back to Version 2020.08 (Build 100, 64 bit), but it still crashes whenever I try to load a Virtual Instrument sample (e.g., EastWest Play Platinum Orchestra Keyswitch Flutes).

Clearly there are one or more files installed by the app that do not conform to the System Restore protocol.

Any way I can get a full installer for the old copy of the program? I'm basically dead in the water at this point.

TIA!

CakewalkCrashAfterUpdate.png

10 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Ha ha, no.  I don't  -- but I have a BIOS that unless you tell it to disable it, it so kindly gives you one, even though it's not really there.

I actually thought that this could be the issue as well, so I cut off the BIOS option, and the A: drive went away.  However, the issue remains -- my DVD drive does not show up.

I did a little bit more investigating -- I noticed that if don't put a CD/DVD in the drive, then it shows up in the Media Browser.  But as soon as you do, it then disappears.  You take it out -- and then it shows up in the Media Browser.   However, again, it works fine with CDs/DVD's in Sonar X3, can read them fine, no problem. I looked at making sure the driver was updated, and it was the latest (really, no changes have been made with DVD drivers)

I really don't know what to do at this point.  I guess I can try to put it into an external case and hook it up via USB.  which I'll probably try to pick up cheap on Ebay since the the local Microcenter now wants a fortune for such 'vintage' hardware.  I'm kinda still hoping that the Baker's have a look at it.

PS: @Kevin Perry and @msmcleod: I really do have a floppy -- but a USB one.  I also have a ZIP and JAZ drive, a 5-1/4 inch floppy too. 

14 hours ago, Royarn said:

Hey, would you mind letting me know a few things that might help me track down this issue?

1) Did you actually try putting a CD/DVD in the drive, and then trying to look at the files in the Media Browser?  Cause mine will show up UNTIL you put a disc in it.

2) Who is the manufacturer of your DVD Drive, if you know?

Thanks!

I have had BIOSes like that too (my current one is adamant I have 2 SATA controllers because it doesn't cope with an NVMe drive plugged into the M.2 slot and still thinks I might br able to squeeze a SATA drive in there too :-)).

Do your Zip/Jaz drives still work without the click of death!?

On 2/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, forkol said:

Hey, would you mind letting me know a few things that might help me track down this issue?

1) Did you actually try putting a CD/DVD in the drive, and then trying to look at the files in the Media Browser?  Cause mine will show up UNTIL you put a disc in it.

2) Who is the manufacturer of your DVD Drive, if you know?

Thanks!

Appears as you say, can confirm with disc in the drive i get same results. Same with Platinum here.

Edited by Royarn

2 hours ago, Royarn said:

Appears as you say, can confirm with disc in the drive i get same results. Same with Platinum here.

Thanks for your help and confirmation, Royarn.  I guess I'm off to file a bug report.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:16 AM, Kevin Perry said:

Do your Zip/Jaz drives still work without the click of death!?

I haven't tried them in a while.  I've heard about the COD.  I'll see if I can get some time and haul them out and see if they even still work.