2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

11 hours ago, Mario Branchi said:

Still working here, both kontakt 5 and 6

Works on my old version of Sonar as well. V 5 works.

V 6 crashes and exits the program. If I insert into a track I get a KERNELBASE.dll error Exception 40000015. Have tried re-installing Kontakt no luck.

Worked prior to update.

When I open Cakewalk (after recent update) the NEW PROJECT screen is blank. That's how I've started every project. It should give me the choice of what template to open. Please restore if possible.

And I've had problems with audio as well and when I input a wav file and edit, when I output the file the volume is extremely low!

I'll keep working with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problems.

Thank you for any advice. Larry Goodell

9 minutes ago, larry goodell said:

When I open Cakewalk (after recent update) the NEW PROJECT screen is blank. That's how I've started every project. It should give me the choice of what template to open. Please restore if possible.

And I've had problems with audio as well and when I input a wav file and edit, when I output the file the volume is extremely low!

I'll keep working with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problems.

Thank you for any advice. Larry Goodell

Two things to check:

1. Check your template folder is correct in Preferences->File->Folder Locations->Templates  . The default location is C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Project Templates

2. You may want to consider switching on your start screen in Preferences->Customization->Display

6 hours ago, Peterf & Leon said:

@Peterf & Leon are you sure you sent the right crash dump -what are the steps you performed before it crashed?
Its a strange crash. The app is being activated but the engine has been unloaded so it crashes. Are you switching away from the app in the middle of inserting a synth or something? 

Try turning off "Suspend Audio engine when Cakewalk is not in Focus" in preferences | audio | playback and recording. See if that prevents the crash.
Also do you get any message displayed by Cakewalk prior to the crash?

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Peterf & Leon are you sure you sent the right crash dump -what are the steps you performed before it crashed?
Its a strange crash. The app is being activated but the engine has been unloaded so it crashes. Are you switching away from the app in the middle of inserting a synth or something? 

Try turning off "Suspend Audio engine when Cakewalk is not in Focus" in preferences | audio | playback and recording. See if that prevents the crash.
Also do you get any message displayed by Cakewalk prior to the crash?

Thanks that fixed it. Basically I was just inserting Kontakt then clicking on the icon to open it and Cakewalk closed. Did it many times and not switching away etc. Attached is the error message, I only get this when I insert the synth into an audio track simply loading Kontakt as an instrument closes Cakewalk. Pretty sure that was the correct crash dump. Thanks again.

Cakewalk.jpg

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Peterf & Leon Thats strange. We can't repro any crash with Kontakt so I think that is  unrelated. What ASIO driver are you running?
I sent you a build to try. Can you install that and turn the option back on for "Suspend Audio engine" and see if the problem still happens?

Noel

Still crashes with the new build. I tried a few other VTSI's - I have NI Komplete - Reaktor 6 also crashes but Massive X is fine. VSTI's from other manufacturers all fine as is Kontakt 5. Running Focusrite ASIO. 

Edited by Peterf & Leon
Extra info

@Peterf & Leon 

I'm not sure if there is much I can do to solve this since based on your last dump file the fault is within Kontakt. It is internally crashing when we try and open its UI for you. I suspect something specific in your configuration causes this crash since we can't reproduce it.
I suggest logging a case with NI and send them the same dump file. You can tell them that Cakewalk asked you to contact them. I can also forward the crash to NI in case they can see what's wrong. 

First thanks for all your hard work improving Cakewalk for us.

Don't know if this minimal issue was detected yet by other users:
The drop down menu of the "select sections..." button in the Select Module goes away quickly before one can choose an option. This happens ONLY in COLLAPSED Select Module.

AXqsWFL.gif

4 hours ago, MarianoGF said:

The drop down menu of the "select sections..." button in the Select Module goes away quickly before one can choose an option. This happens ONLY in COLLAPSED Select Module.

AXqsWFL.gif

Try the two default themes that comes with cakewalk. 

@MarianoGF  How do you get (1) more than one option and (2) a column for checks?  I only had one option and no check column, so I thought it was a tooltip for the button.  In fact, when I turned tooltips off, I didn't get it at all regardless of the size of the module.  

So, if you turn tooltips off do you still get the box with what seems to be options to select?

Verified on my PC, too:   OK.  I figured it out--I was hovering not right-clicking.  When I right clicked, I got the same quickly disappearing selection box (even when using Mercury and Tungsten).

I was able to make the change, but the box shouldn't time out like that.  

Edited by User 905133
to update reply

On 2/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, MarianoGF said:

AXqsWFL.gif

Try right-clicking on the button to bring up the Select options. The popup menu hangs around long enough to click on a new setting.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:51 PM, MarianoGF said:

AXqsWFL.gif

1 hour ago, scook said:

Try right-clicking on the button to bring up the Select options. The popup menu hangs around long enough to click on a new setting.

This menu is also repeated here, which may be quicker/easier to access than using the select module if you've got it collapsed.

image.png.d06fcf8724a4c59735033607e8e403b4.png