2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

3 minutes ago, Helene Kolpakova said:

Exactly the same behaviour! Is there a way to roll back to 2020.11? I need to finish a project this weekend.

If this helps, I'm on Windows 10 1909. Edge WebView component seemed to get installed successfully.

You should be able to use the rollback installer from the EA release:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

You should be able to use the rollback installer from the EA release:

Thanks, you're a life saviour! Rolled back, the project is opening fine again!

btw, I did use arranger track in it to visually highlight different parts of the track. So perhaps improvements to the arranger track feature have something to do with the problem above.

4 hours ago, EnglandBross said:

@HIBI the ransomeware is off, I resolved the problem renaming this file in pict

That's strange... The file you renamed does not exist on my system.
The locked problem file should be in the 'IRLibraries' folder. (FACTORY.rir)
Anyway it's okay if you resolved it without issue.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Thats strange I'm sure its a bug that its current directory is being set to cakewalk's folder. Its probably a side effect of the fact that the server is launched from the plugin dll which is loaded by the Cakewalk app. I'll pass this on to Waves as well. If the server runs from its local folder then I bet it wont load our dll. You can verify this by changing the path and doing a scan again. Let me know.

Can the CbB scanner be run with its current directory set to, say, %temp% so this or similar can't (famous last words!) happen?  I know you can for shortcuts and I have when launching an external exe from a . NET application (ProcessStartInfo.WorkingDirectory).

7 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

Now that I'm testing all:

Same Problem with Control Bar Select Module Changes, the new Buttons are not visible!

(Resolution: 3840x2160)

Problem with AZController:

Doesn't work properly in new Version 2021.01.

A Fader is moving from Midi Value 1 to 127 normally, after moving it 3 Times from 1-127 and back it suddenly only moves from 1 to 96 (All Faders and Rotors)

This is not happening when I install 2020.11 again.

Greetz;)

Bassman.

P.S. It's from 1-127 but it's jumping over some values. Always the same values!

@Heinz Hupfer - the only thing that has changed with Control Surfaces, is the way refresh rates of less than 25ms are handled.  This feature was created for a specific hardware use case, so as long as you're using a refresh rate of 50 or above, I can't see what could have changed here.

Can you confirm what refresh settings you have, and also if you're using the Allow10msControlSurfaceRefresh flag?

On 1/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, Brian Walton said:

Even using the stock themes doesn't seem like the new Selection buttons are showing up:

image.png.9b74e8973309ed4023af2eea2ea6094b.png

image.png.6b1b0c61166ad01ced39e4d7823bb4b6.png

Hi Brian,

If you go into the Theme Editor and Remove the old modules it will automatically populate with the new module. 

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, Promidi said:

With 2021.1 Build 085, I am now unable to display the articulation map pane on a newly created MIDI track (Or SIT) in a new project. 

Clicking the PRV menu item: View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane has no effect.

I can, however, display the articulation map pane from an existing project.  But even on an existing project,  a newly created MIDI track exhibits the same issue.

I reverted to 2021.1 Build 075 and the View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane on a newly created MIDI track is worked again

Anyone else experiencing this before I shoot a note to support?

Same issue - can't open the articulation map pane on a NEW midi track.

17 minutes ago, DocBob said:

Same issue - can't open the articulation map pane on a NEW midi track.

We've identified the issue and its fixed for the next update.

In the meantime, just use the splitter to drag it into view. It only seems to affect tracks that have no existing articulations.

• Like 2

I like the new Insert track enhancement, but it's a bit disconcerting to me, because it does the insert BEFORE the selected track.  My preference would be AFTER the selected track.  I'll do a FR to have this as a user-settable preference if possible.

It is better than sticking it at the end, though.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, forkol said:

it's a bit disconcerting to me, because it does the insert BEFORE the selected track.  My preference would be AFTER the selected track...

absolutely, that would be my preference too, actually that was my first thought while reading the release notes

@msmcleod

Refresh Rate is at 75 ms and the 1ms flag is not used!

Always exactly from the 3. Fader Movement all Faders and Rotors are from then on using just 96 values instead of 127 and the buttons are reacting very slow.

Reloading the AZC Preset does help, but again only 2 Fader or Rotor Movements and the Buttons does react very slow (Faders 96 values), means I can't use DoublePress (within 0.4 sec.) for example and LongPress (acting after 0.4 sec.). Both do a normal ShortPress.

Reloading Preset does help any time for these 2 Movements. Using only the buttons does not change anything, they are working normal everytime as long as I use a Fader or a Rotor). Sounds like a buffer is overloaded or so. 

Switching back to 2020.11 and all is fine again.

I've tried new install of AZController Software and Midi  drivers but no effort. Only installing of 2020.11 helped.

Something different:

As I now have a complete new install of Windows 10, I installed Sonar X1,2,3 and Sonar Platinum and then Bandlab.

The Movements of the Faders and Rotors up to Sonar Platinum are reacting much faster than in Bandlab! As soon as I intalled Bandlab the reaction slowed down in all other versions too!

Thank you;)

Bassman.

6 hours ago, forkol said:

I like the new Insert track enhancement, but it's a bit disconcerting to me, because it does the insert BEFORE the selected track.  My preference would be AFTER the selected track.  I'll do a FR to have this as a user-settable preference if possible.

It is better than sticking it at the end, though.

I think the reason to insert it BEFORE is logical, because otherwise you are not able to insert a track at the top position!

19 hours ago, Spectrum424 said:

I get this error message when open some projects.

If I choose to open in safe mode and say "Yes to all" the project opens but all faders are set to unity gain and panning is set to center on all tracks.

If I choose "No to all" the project also opens and the faders and panning is OK but obviously no plug-ins.

If I save under new name I get the same error-msg

Please advice

Cakewalk_Eroor_20210123.PNG

Exactly the same behaviour!
Installed version 26.11.0.099. Now opens all projects.

Edited by Andrey_rbk

@msmcleod

Here are 4 Videos (Can't figure out how to convert it to animated gifs:( ) The 3. one is 2021.01 related, the others not, sorry!

1. I reinstalled Sonar X1 and Sonar Platinum, then Fader Movement goes fast again, as you can see in Video 1.

It reacts immediately!

https://youtu.be/_jw7rOvFdKQ

2. This is Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.11. You see on moving the Fader, the Fader is up, but the Now Time Marker is still moving.....

https://youtu.be/IyyIMdvxc0M

3. Cakewalk by Bandlab 2021.01. The Fader is like in 2020.11 moving from 1 to 127 two times then stuck at Measure 33 I think and then remains moving from 33 to 127.

I then reload the AZController Preset and go back to Bar 1. It again moves 2 Times from 1 to 127 and then stuck at 33-127.

https://youtu.be/aZtFYnBITx4

Added a 4th Video, the worst case:-)  A lot of Clips and zooming in.....

https://youtu.be/pCEGKApad7A

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Osman Hemidov said:

projects two or three months ago are not being opened. Not all.

@Osman Hemidov

Are you using SoundToys plugins? There is an issue that was identified with these that prevent some projects from opening. Thanks to @Helene Kolpakova for sharing a project file that exhibited this issue. This is likely why nobody spotted this problem prior to release.
This is because these plugins are sending extra unnecessary notifications during project open that cause our loading code to fail unexpectedly.
We will release a fix for this soon. However for now you can either revert to the prior build or remove those plugins from the project and it will load fine.

• Thanks 3

Thank you, Noel. That explains part of an issue I have.  I sent in a support ticket asking your team how to provide more technical details about my crashes with the early access release. Cakewalk is just disappearing when trying to load projects, but not leaving any dump files, at least as far as I can tell. I asked if there might be some file somewhere when it crashed that I could send to them.

Here is what is odd about the issue. Sometimes the project opened in safe mode, sometimes it wouldn't. There is a Soundtoys plugin on this project, and IK Multimedia as well. I know IK hasn't always played nice with Cakewalk in terms of being responsive to fixing issues; so I wondered if that was it. It also seemed to load all the plugs, but then crash when the "Loading synth information" phrase came up. The synths are Addictive Drums 2 and NI's Kontakt. 

I did a rollback and the project opens without issues in the earlier version. So, if there is a file lurking somewhere I can send, I will be happy to do so. A big thank you to you and the team for keeping this DAW fresh and up-to-date. Bugs happen, they're a part of progress. 

Cheers,

Gary

UPDATE: Got the automated email with the steps to find the crash files. I checked the normal locations; sadly there are no DMP files for the crashes.

Edited by Gary Fox

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Osman Hemidov

Are you using SoundToys plugins? There is an issue that was identified with these that prevent some projects from opening. Thanks to @Helene Kolpakova for sharing a project file that exhibited this issue. This is likely why nobody spotted this problem prior to release.
This is because these plugins are sending extra unnecessary notifications during project open that cause our loading code to fail unexpectedly.
We will release a fix for this soon. However for now you can either revert to the prior build or remove those plugins from the project and it will load fine.

I am using SoundToys plugins.