2021.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

When trying to update to the final 2021.01 release (from the preview) the installer gave me this error:

image.png.712f48d949242226f7be3ccbe3affe98.png

Using proc monitor I found that the WaveLocalServer.exe appears to have locked the sndfile.dll

image.png.a4fddca78c73007e102f8c15fe4af922.png

And it keeps running even after you exit Cakewalk.  Perhaps they are doing a loadlibrary while running as a plugin and getting Cakewalk's sndfile.dll and not their own and keeping it locked preventing the update.  I killed their process and used the retry button and the install continued.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

When trying to update to the final 2021.01 release (from the preview) the installer gave me this error:

image.png.712f48d949242226f7be3ccbe3affe98.png

Using proc monitor I found that the WaveLocalServer.exe appears to have locked the sndfile.dll

image.png.a4fddca78c73007e102f8c15fe4af922.png

And it keeps running even after you exit Cakewalk.  Perhaps they are doing a loadlibrary while running as a plugin and getting Cakewalk's sndfile.dll and not their own and keeping it locked preventing the update.  I killed their process and used the retry button and the install continued.

Indeed, this is some weird bug with WavesLocalServer that we found earlier. I've already reported it to Waves. 
If you run into it the workaround is to kill that task before installing or reboot the machine. I'm sure its not intended to be permanently running since a clean boot doesn't run it.

• Like 3

With 2021.1 Build 085, I am now unable to display the articulation map pane on a newly created MIDI track (Or SIT) in a new project. 

Clicking the PRV menu item: View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane has no effect.

I can, however, display the articulation map pane from an existing project.  But even on an existing project,  a newly created MIDI track exhibits the same issue.

I reverted to 2021.1 Build 075 and the View | Show\Hide Articulation Pane on a newly created MIDI track is worked again

Anyone else experiencing this before I shoot a note to support?

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Indeed, this is some weird bug with WavesLocalServer that we found earlier. I've already reported it to Waves. 
If you run into it the workaround is to kill that task before installing or reboot the machine. I'm sure its not intended to be permanently running since a clean boot doesn't run it.

The funny thing is, if you start it outside of Cakewalk it doesn't even load a sndfile.dll until Cakewalk starts.  But this kind of crazy happens when your background server app includes a full copy of Python and a ton of things you don't really have control over.

Yesterday doing a Visual Studio 2019 update, it uninstalled Python 3.7 and then installed it's own version in it's own directory.  Breaking all my Python stuff.  I think this Waves thing is just the same kind of issue. 

Forum posts from Waves says you can kill the WavesLocalServer and it will restart when it's needed, but you can't stop it from running or you lose the new preset browser in Waves V12.

Crazy. I hope they can fix it otherwise I'll have to somehow rename the dll or hide it somewhere else. Renaming is tricky since we're now redisting a prebuilt version of Libsndfile since they no longer ship Visual Studio solutions that are up to date and its too complex to build. Much easier for us to manage just using their prebuilt binaries. 

FWIW I can't reproduce this on my PC even though I have Waves 12.

HI:)

Arranger section inclusion of outlying MIDI notes

This is exactly what I requested when the Arranger came out!  Many many thanks to the Bakers.👍

Control Bar Select module changes

Very nice:) 

Option to only use external MIDI inputs

Indeed very helpful!

Export to Standard MIDI File respects selection

Time saving!

Again a great Update for me. 

Thank you;)

Bassman.

When i delete arranger track section in timeline it works fine but when i delete in this place where sections placed i getting unexpected results in ripple edit mode. when i delete Section 2 Section 3 moves but without clips under it and clips of Section 3 are under Section 4. All works fine when i delete Sections in timeline but gives unexpecteed results when i delete section in view from picture

arranger.thumb.jpg.b8695db6e401182500d8ade3909ad7c0.jpg

Edited by solarlux

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Even using the stock themes doesn't seem like the new Selection buttons are showing up:

image.png.9b74e8973309ed4023af2eea2ea6094b.png

image.png.6b1b0c61166ad01ced39e4d7823bb4b6.png

Same Issue.

Also, i cant seem to be able to change my theme. I change my theme in cakewalk and exit, but when i reopen it again the theme seems to revert back to the one i previously had, it seems that cakewalk is fixed on that particular theme and doesnt change at all, pls someone tell me what to do, i want to change my theme so bad!