Moonlit

Hugh Mann

On 1/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, garybrun said:

It coming along well.

We all paint different pictures ...  but to my ears the high end... is very high end and sharp.
I listen on my Focal Trios and the beryllium really enhance that.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and for pulling it up on your system.    I'll dial back the high end.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, jack c. said:

some cymbals high end put low pass filter on it.so far so good.in/out more moving synths to add texture and flavor.jack c.

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time.  That's a good point on adding more moving synths.  I'll do that.  :)

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

On the DT990 phones here that snare is a bit "crisp", I can imagine @garybrun's Focals really enhance that,
as would the Adams in my studio.

Nice guitar work...

t

I'll hold a "like" for the finished mix

Thanks for checking it out. Consensus is too much high end.  Will definitely dial that back.   The guitars are sort of the star of this production.  They are done my friend. 

Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen and to give feedback.  Very helpful and very appreciated!  :) 

• Like 2

Sounds good over here. I like the panning/movement of the guitar at the end. I like the dramatic parts, they are rich. If it was my song I would take some of the parts that are “arpy” for lack of a better word, and put some occasional variety in the note patterns in melodyne or piano roll. Good journey 

19 hours ago, treesha said:

Sounds good over here. I like the panning/movement of the guitar at the end. I like the dramatic parts, they are rich. If it was my song I would take some of the parts that are “arpy” for lack of a better word, and put some occasional variety in the note patterns in melodyne or piano roll. Good journey 

thank you for checking it out and the feedback.  I will implement the suggestions.  :)

On 1/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, treesha said:

I believe I picked up on the same things as Treesha. The fast arps don't seem to fit. At least when backdropped onto this backdrop. Keep in mind I'm am old 70's prog rock lover. I would hear more of a played solo instead of the fast arps. But that's me and maybe my old ears. There are no rules, only opinions and what we like :)

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, Starise said:

I believe I picked up on the same things as Treesha. The fast arps don't seem to fit. At least when backdropped onto this backdrop. Keep in mind I'm am old 70's prog rock lover. I would hear more of a played solo instead of the fast arps. But that's me and maybe my old ears. There are no rules, only opinions and what we like :)

Thank you for checking it out.  Appreciate it.  I love me some prog myself.  Thanks for the advice.  I do think the keys are a little static.  So I think you are right in what you are feeling there.  I'll keep working on it.  :)

• Like 1

I guess I'll point out the arp-iness as well because it just sort of stuck out.
It's not bad, just too much - like you're filling in measures with something that fits. And I only said that because that's
something I tend to do.
Anyway, your project is very promising. I enjoyed the listen.