East West Hollywood Opus Edition

cclarry

A few key bits from the text version of the product page:

After an introduction at online NAMM on January 21, It will be released shortly after with the new Opus software and a companion product Hollywood Orchestrator, a must-have tool for composers of every skill level who want to achieve that Hollywood blockbuster sound quickly.

So no hard release date yet.

The programming of the original content from Hollywood Orchestra has been updated to take advantage of the features included in the new Opus software engine, as well as the Hollywood Solo Instrument Series (now included in this expansion)

They are merging the Solo instruments, so you can count on the upgrade price for people without them (like me) to be even worse.

he MOODS feature requires the Diamond editions that include all mic positions mixed by Shawn Murphy, Gold users will not experience MOODS as they were designed.

Gold users are not going to get MOODS.

Not only is it faster, more powerful, more flexible, and better looking than PLAY, it comes with some incredible new features such as individual instrument downloads, the ability to start playing instruments while they're loading, customized key-switches, new effects for the mixer page, scaleable retina GUI upgrades for legacy products, a powerful new script language, and many more features that allow you to completely customize the sound of each instrument.

For subscribers download features are important, but if you're buying the libraries the advantages of Opus may be slightly less awesome.  If they don't fix the disc streaming I'm pretty sure I'm going to give up on them.  Having to full load everything into memory to play back without glitches is just crazy and makes Play 6 unusable.

In addition to Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition and the new Opus software, we are releasing a companion arranger tool, Hollywood Orchestrator, which works inside of Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition just like WordBuilder works inside Hollywood Choirs.

It's a separate product, which I'm guessing means expensive.  Once again pushing everyone to the ComposerCloud Plus subscription package.

• Sad 1