Cakewalk on a non-DAW office computer

Jerry Gerber

Hey there,

When I finish a composition I convert the Cakewalk file into a MIDI file type 1 and open it up in Sibelius to create the score.  I do this on an office computer, not in my production studio.  But I cannot get MIDI to sound using Windows 10 and a built in sound card on the motherboard. For some reason both Cakewalk and Sibelius don't recognize this as a valid sound card.

Short of buy an inexpensive internal card, is there a way to get these programs to work with MIDI? 

Thanks for any help if you've solved this problem!

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

9 minutes ago, jsg said:

When I finish a composition I convert the Cakewalk file into a MIDI file type 1 and open it up in Sibelius to create the score.  I do this on an office computer, not in my production studio.  But I cannot get MIDI to sound using Windows 10 and a built in sound card on the motherboard. For some reason both Cakewalk and Sibelius don't recognize this as a valid sound card.

Short of buy an inexpensive internal card, is there a way to get these programs to work with MIDI?

Why does it need to be an internal card?

There are now many very good inexpensive choices in the USB2 interface market. You can set them up to work both with Windows audio, and any music programs you use. Just make sure to use a common sampling rate for everything. Come to think of it, that might be your issue with the current setup.