How do I get my MIDI drums colors back? SOLVED sorta

Michael McBroom

This problem first appeared out of the blue a couple years ago and I've just been putting up with it. But I've grown tired of putting up with it and I want my drum tracks' colors back.

You know how, when you set the color for a track, it also sets the color of the trace in MID tracks? Well, my drums track(s) don't do this anymore, and I can't figure out why. The trace always come up black, despite my selecting a color. I use Cakewalk's Tungsten theme, and the result is the trace in my drum tracks is almost invisible. I've looked all over for specific color settings that might be set to cause this and I can't find anything anywhere. So, do you know the secret? How do I unstick my drums color?

Edited by Michael McBroom

Preferences>Colors>MIDI Tracks, x, xx, xx... Forground.

With one issue where track 10 may be affected by ...Tracks, 9, 19, 29...

The Inspector settings don't affect midi notes or PRV.

This issue keeps coming up lately so maybe an FR to fix it may be in order.

Actually, it's Preferences>Customization>Colors>MIDI Tracks. But I'd already puzzled over this some and I don't see how this affects the drums only. Black only for drums only. There's a wide range of colors for a wide range of MIDI tracks available at this location -- none of which are black, incidentally.

Yeah, I was just being lazy. :D

The "black notes" issue is a bug discussed elsewhere in the forums and does need fixing.

The drum vsti you're using might also be a factor. I have several different drum tracks but this issue only affects one in particular, and not in every project.

Edited by sjoens