Let Me Go

Douglas Kirby

Hi Forum Folks,

This is a track off of the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Vol. VI". As always, any comments or critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

I sang the lead vocal with an AT4040 through a Warm Audio TB12 preamp - and I also used the Voxengo Voxformer on it, along with a Rob Papen delay vst.

The rhythm guitar is a Fender Strat through TH-U, and the lead guitar parts are my Gibson Les Paul through TH-U.

The bass is an Ibanez SR500 through an ART MPA Gold preamp - through TH-U.

The organ parts are UVI Retro Organ Suite.

The drums are AD2 - I put the Waves Abbey Road Saturator on the drum buss - it made the drums really come alive for this song.

For reverb I used REmatrix from Overloud on the main bus - just a touch.

Here is the song:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14181639

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

lead guitar parts are my Gibson Les Paul

Now you're talkin'!
blackface_bassman_lp.jpg
been a Paul man since '68
although these days I call a PRS Santana my main squeeze...

t

👍's btw

diggin I Will Find a Way too

Edited by DeeringAmps
added comment
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, garybrun said:

Well done Douglas.

we all paint very different pictures... on my monitors I can hear over saturation...  just a little bit harsh on the top end.

Thanks Gary - I put the Abbey Road Saturator on the main drum buss, and I had the Abbey Road Vinyl plug on the main stereo mix - perhaps that adds up to a bit too much saturation overall - thanks for your ears.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Now you're talkin'!
blackface_bassman_lp.jpg
been a Paul man since '68
although these days I call a PRS Santana my main squeeze...

t

👍's btw

diggin I Will Find a Way too

Thanks Tom - I've never played a PRS - I'll have to stop by Guitar Center one of these days to try one out. Thanks for commenting on my other song as well.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, kevmsmith81 said:

Nice work.  Great guitar sound and nice riff, the guitar part in the verse reminds me of "Gimme All Your Lovin'" by ZZ Top.

I like how much the snare cuts through it as well without overpowering everything.

Thanks Kev - I'm glad you noticed the snare - I've put more concentration into the snare lately in my mixes. I keep learning as I go along.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:40 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

I really like this one, Douglas!  It reminds me of early Stones, especially your vocal.  I guess I'm going to have to unpack my TH-U and start playing around.

Thanks Lynn - yeah I like TH-U.  I picked up Positive Grid's Bias FX recently on sale, and that sounds pretty good as well, but in this one I used TH-U.