SynchroArts Vocalign Ultra

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

the upgrade from 4 is $41.63

Yeah, but it goes up pretty quick from that point!!

$231 is kinda outta my range for a vocal aligner!! When I got the free version from CW. I wonder if it's the same. IOW is the free version the Synco Arts technology? Or did CW create their own and called it the same thing?

1 minute ago, Grem said:

$231 is kinda outta my range for a vocal aligner!! When I got the free version from CW. I wonder if it's the same. IOW is the free version the Synco Arts technology? Or did CW create their own and called it the same thing?

Cakewalk created their own....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Hi, mate. I'd go so far as to say that these  are in a different league.

I'd start with Vocalign Project (I did) if I were you. If you have any version of Melodyne, you can do most, if not all of the things the upper tier can do (perhaps not as fast).

And you're going to have to align 2 and 2 tracks, whereas the upper tiers can do multi-tracks. Not a big deal(breaker) IMHO.

All the best.

• Like 1

I like Project a lot. Was never interested in Pro because, 1) for my purposes at least, it didn’t offer that much more; 2) price was too much for difference to me; and 3) dongle required. It looks like they’ve pretty much addressed these, but not sure if they’ve addressed 1 and 2 enough for me.

• Like 1

Close to pulling the trigger on this. I’ve never seen SynchroArts do less than 30 or 33% off sales, although they do have those from time to time. Since Celemony never gave me a good price to update my Studio 4 to 5, this might just be a better niche to fill.

I’ve been using it this evening. Definitely an improvement!  A noticeable step up from VocAlign Pro and easy to use in Studio One.  I’m glad I have it and it’s a joy.

That said, it’s not anywhere near as capable as Revoice Pro which I also have.  I’ll still use that even on the song I’m working on this evening with VocAlign Ultra.  Revoice Pro has more things I also find very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

I’ve been using it this evening. Definitely an improvement!  A noticeable step up from VocAlign Pro and easy to use in Studio One.  I’m glad I have it and it’s a joy.

That said, it’s not anywhere near as capable as Revoice Pro which I also have.  I’ll still use that even on the song I’m working on this evening with VocAlign Ultra.  Revoice Pro has more things I also find very helpful.

Ya, I’m hoping similar update is coming to Revoice Pro.  I’m super jealous of anyone with Vocalign getting free updates to Ultra hehhe

It’s like a Venn diagram.  Overlap, but different unique areas as well.

Melodyne offers all its goodness (won’t go into all that, with an extra characteristic that you can readily extract MIDI from the audio.  Gotta have it!

Vocalign easily (very easily) allows loose or tight timing line up between multiple tracks (and now even allows some pitch and formant trickery to add enhanced variation).  Super slick!

Revoice Pro (like Melodyne) has a multitude of features that takes a lot of typing to highlight. And it is also ARA integrated. One easy highlight is that you can start with one track from your song, bring it up in Revoice Pro and readily generate a whole series of harmony tracks even if you haven’t sung them.  And set them as loose or tight or in variation as you prefer.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2