APD Offer: 66% Off Guitarist (AU, VST2, AAX, Standalone) by Sugar Bytes

Audio Plugin Deals

Guitarist by Sugar Bytes is a virtual guitar that’s designed to emulate rhythm parts played on an electric guitar. The actual guitar player has been transformed into a step sequencer system with a huge level of customisation when it comes to chords or fingering patterns and a detailed control over authentic nuance and expression.

Get Guitarist now at 66% off for a limited time only, hurry and save!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-1
Deal expires on February 3rd, 2021 at midnight eastern standard time

KEY FEATURES

• Four electric Guitars with more to come soon
  • More than 2,000 Samples for each Sixstring
  • Control over Strum, Chords & Song Structures
  • Action Section for real-time Control
  • Slides, Vibratos or Portamentos
  • Warm Amps and Direct-Out
  • 10 Effects plus Wahwah Pedal & Talkmode
  • Mute or De-tune individual Strings
  • Requires macOS 10.9 or higher: Audio Unit, VST2, AAX, Standalone
  • Requires Windows 7 or higher: VST2, AAX, Standalone

• Like 1

This is really old software and this review from 2010 was not that great. 

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/sugar-bytes-guitarist-303497

The current version is only 1.05 and it does not seem that much has changed since 2010 (except dropping 32 bit support). Does anybody have any recent experience with this? Like Vernon, I was initially interested. Not so much now.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

Some thoughts after installing

Yes, it sounds somewhat "robotic" as the review points out, it may be ok for certain applications but it doesn't feel general purpose. The included effects aren't great, but nowadays I expect that anyway it is good practice to use virtual instruments in conjunction with a 3rd party plugin chain (whether it is something like guitar rig, amplitube, etc, or it is a chain of individual plugins)

The tuning knobs "work" and it's possible to de-tune individual strings. I'm not sure how useful it will be for me but it's certainly "interesting" having a choice of a poorly tuned guitar...

I went ahead and bought it as well. I am actually having a lot of fun with it. It is actually a pretty good bit of kit. I was a bit hesitant because development has stopped completely it seems. There was talk about additional guitars including an acoustic guitar and other features but that was back in 2013 and nothing since.  It does have midi out and midi drag and drop so you are not limited to the guitars it comes with that issue is mitigated somewhat. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I went ahead and bought it as well. I am actually having a lot of fun with it. It is actually a pretty good bit of kit. I was a bit hesitant because development has stopped completely it seems. There was talk about additional guitars including an acoustic guitar and other features but that was back in 2013 and nothing since.  It does have midi out and midi drag and drop so you are not limited to the guitars it comes with that issue is mitigated somewhat. 

Yup. It's fun. I tweeked a blues preset to sound like a zztop creation. Also in the blues presets there's the wahwah thing. If i had record that gig with me moving the wah handle to the beat i'll bet noone could think robotic. :)