Any Tull fans out there?

Shane_B.

Best album, IMO, is Songs from the Wood...the epitome of prog.

Why do I think it represents the best of prog? For starters, it's musically sophisticated but not pretentious. Like all good prog, it has a theme. It blends diverse instrumentation and styles. The musicianship is outstanding, clean and free of cheap gimmicks (e.g. no deedly-deedly triplets or kick hits that sound like a Harley idling). No Autotune. It imitates no one, follows no trendy formulas, dares to stand entirely on its own. This, to me, is what defines great prog.

• Like 2

Love me some Tull. Favorite from Standup; Back to the Family. 
I handed off my vinyl collection New Year’s Day. Standup and a half dozen other Tull gems amongst over 100 titles. 
haven’t owned a turntable in 30 years?

t

held back one LP, my wife’s 9th grade choir performance; don’t know what I’ll do with it...

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

What about Blodwyn Pig?

We used to Dear Jill

I wonder if Abrahams regretted leaving Tull after Tull got famous and very profitible.

I have a B-Big album or two somewhere in my LP collection.

My favorite Tull albums are the earlier ones: This Was, Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Passion Play, and War Child.

Then for no particular reason I drifted away. I've enjoyed a lot what I've heard in later offerings, but never purchased another LP. I don't know why, perhaps it was just time for me to move on.

Notes