Mission - Cakewalk Vibe!

whoisp

First time DAW user, second song on Cakewalk -  Vibe Pt1 Mission - I have been bitten with the cakewalk vibe well and truly, i even bought addictive drums 2 , can't wait to start my next song. I've fished 5 now  in less than 6 months learning the software which is totally awesome. I'm developing a style for sound tracks i think. Mixing and mastering improving so thanks for help guys. happy new year!

• Like 2

I have bits of experience with music, just never used a DAW only a old 8 track since 2014 to learn on, then i got the bug and cakewalk got me vibing !

Last couple of tracks,  I've started using more of the cakewalk EQ on each track and on some tracks i am using more compression, with the limiter No6. i put the odd bit of reverb on with some tracks, ive not felt the need to use much saturate if any but ive got a couple of more plugins since this song. 

I've now got better of understanding the levels, headroom and still experimenting is the reality.  I started using TDR Nova EQ to find tune any track for certain wanted or unwanted frequency.  I've got a nice little fundamental bass plugin for bass and sub to play with for the thud! I use the odd bit of style dial FX now to get the sound i want. To sets of headphones for testing with my monitor speakers to.

I was doing Mastering using Cakewalk on the master channel and not exporting the bounce to do mastering in a separate master project!  Having loads of tracks open was to busy and less user friendly, so i recently change the way i do things, its been a massive learning curve with everything,  just getting the interface stable and ive never used midi programming drums etc so mastering learning as go along! 

I now change since this second song. Iv'e setup a mastering template, so i now export the bonce mix i am happy with, then open in my mastering  template so i can see the dynamic range, also its better than  having loads of tracks open, did a quick screen grab to show difference of bounce mix and master dynamics.  My template i've built up now with diffrent style settings etc again using  cakewalk  EQ , comp, sat and the limiter No6, ive used the LoudMax 64bit too. So i am still learning mastering but its got loads better but much room for improvement but i prefer being creative with my music and the tech stuff bogs me down!

screengrab-mastering.thumb.jpg.df5f84dff61f23c985c86a4fe66facc0.jpg

5 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I love this track!  It sounds very polished and unique.  I'll be back for more.

Thanx, i am getting there, love creating something different and hearing comments like that give me drive to do more 😉

• Like 1