Your ears are lying about guitar tone

Bruno de Souza Lino

It's one thing to sit in your studio practicing or be on stage and have the 'stand alone' tone of your dreams and obsess over tone. Been there, done that. It's another to capture a guitar tone that sits in a mix.

It's why I always just stuck with Guitar Rig 4 and learned how to use and manipulate it and never invested in DI pedals or a Kemper or got in to IR's. There is absolutely nothing wrong with all that. But I don't play live anymore so I wouldn't benefit from anything hardware based.

From a recording standpoint for me there isn't that much of a difference to justify that cost because you are going to manipulate the living daylights out of the recording anyway to get it to sit in a mix.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

According to opinions in here, if you can't tell one from the other, your ears can't be trusted.

I can hear a big difference between live amps sound and recording in a DAW.  It's the people listening that can't and most don't care

I may suck at Amp Sims, but For the last few years, unless I have to be quiet at home b/c someone is sleeping, I'm plugged into my amp, not the daw. I will say that the addition of a Rivera Rock Crusher really makes playing the amp in a small house much more fun. I like to hear the sound with my body.

I even changed out the light jewel for a white one from red for no other reason than a friend gave it to me. And who knew?? it sounds better now.

😛

And this is off topic (oh no!) but what's with guitar pedals with super blinding lights on them (I'm looking at you earthquaker). I can't stand pedals with bright lights. They sound terrible.

Edited by Gswitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1