Windows 10 Update = Faster Boot Time?

sjoens

I'm on Version 1803 build 17134.590 which updated a day ago.

No idea what was updated but my system boots up a lot faster than it had been prior.

Just read that the latest update 1809 build 17763.379 may cause trouble with multiple audio devices.

I noticed that my (non music production) laptop didn't seem to have the 100 disc access problems it has had for years and had slowed it down to a crawl after the latest update. Only booted it once so hoping it wasn't just a temporary thing!

Haven't noticed much difference on my SSD system drive PC though - but that was quick anyway 🙂

Good to know. Normally I shut down the system every day. I turned off Fast Startup to see if any difference but didn't notice any. Anyway, I wonder if this is helping to cause some of the crashes and other anomalies with DAWs. Trying to RE-set my controller yesterday caused CbB to just POOOF!  disappear completely. Rebooted and it worked fine.

If you have low resources on your machine the fast boot may not be a great option.  The way it fast boots is as soon as enough is loaded to get you into the desktop it does right away while it's still loading everything else the system needs.  The slower your machine is at doing that the worse it will perform until everything is all fuly loaded properly