Multiple users on one account? Class of pupils?

Bradley Smith

Question

Hello, 

My question relates to using the Bandlab browser DAW. If a school doesn't use Google Classroom, is there a simple way to have a class log in without all of the pupils requiring their own individual username and password? Do you allow multiple pupils to login to one class account for ease? If not, this is likely a real deal breaker for non Google Classroom schools to use this brilliant software.

Any advice or guidance is highly appreciated

Many thanks 

5 answers to this question

@Bradley Smith,  I approached BandLab Support shortly after BandLab launched Cakewalk by BandLab and this forum asking the same question you asked, "Can you use the online DAW without using a Chrome based browser?"  BandLab Support's response was, "No. "  They were kind enough to explain the online DAW uses some browser elements that are unique to Chrome.

One item of note.  BandLab was awarded "Best Classroom Technology" during the 2018 NAMM  You may want to visit BandLab's education webpage to see what they offer.

• Like 1

I do not use Bandlab (the web app), but I did test a few things last year for possible use with things I do using Cakewalk.  I did look through the education section which Jim referenced (with a link). Not sure it has the information you want, but I would recommend exploring all of the various sections.  Also, there is a Community access point (as well as others) on the Bandlab Blog page.  In the '80s I did some Arts-in-Education residencies and I think the Bandlab model has a lot of possibilities for music education.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos