I Hear You Knocking [Cover]

Shane_B.

Here is a Remaster I did using my ART VLA II Leveling Amp/Compressor.  Added 2/16/21 Just testing out new hardware setup. The original mix is significantly louder. Use caution A/B'ing.

Trying out my new Studio 1810c interface for the first time. This is a Dave Edmunds style version of I Hear You Knocking.

Equipment Used:

Blue Bluebird Mic, Martin 000, Fender Strat, Fender P/J Bass, Session Drummer 3, Guitar Rig 4, Misc stock VST's, and O9A.

I recorded, mixed, and mastered this using only headphones at my dining room table on Monday so it is what it is.

Good or bad input is welcome.

Thanks.

Edited by Shane_B.
Added a remastered version.
  • Like 4

Definitely an Edmunds fan to be sure.
Personally feel its a shame he's best remembered for what is a "novelty" tune.

Great job Shane, btw 👍.

On Love Sculpture's Blues Helping album Dave "nails" the Freddie King burner The Stumble.
On that tune Dave is as good as any of the Famous Three, British rock gods...

t

sorry to "steal" your thread Shane, there are good guitarists and then there are the rare virtuosos.
Dave, by virtue of his work in Love Sculpture, is one of those "rare" ones on my list.
I get carried away sometimes... 🙃

one more thing:

I jumped over to SoundCloud to drop a "like" but this tune didn't come up on your feed; how does that work?

Edited by DeeringAmps
added comment
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Definitely an Edmunds fan to be sure.
Personally feel its a shame he's best remembered for what is a "novelty" tune.

Great job Shane, btw 👍.

On Love Sculpture's Blues Helping album Dave "nails" the Freddie King burner The Stumble.
On that tune Dave is as good as any of the Famous Three, British rock gods...

t

sorry to "steal" your thread Shane, there are good guitarists and then there are the rare virtuosos.
Dave, by virtue of his work in Love Sculpture, is one of those "rare" ones on my list.
I get carried away sometimes... 🙃

one more thing:

I jumped over to SoundCloud to drop a "like" but this tune didn't come up on your feed; how does that work?

Nah, you didn't steal the thread. It doesn't get any more Dave Edmunds than this so it's appropriate. :)

Out of fear of getting sued for copyright stuff I have everything set to private so only people with a link can listen. Maybe that's why you can't leave a like there? 

I always thought he was underrated too. I had an original pressing of the album this song was on but I lost all my LP's when my basement flooded. 700 + LP's. I didn't know it flooded until I started to smell something very musty and moldy coming from somewhere after about 2 weeks and I went down in the basement. I had just moved in a couple months prior and all my LP's were still in boxes on the floor. Uhg. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

that's why you can't leave a like there

Yep!

7 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

getting sued for copyright stuff

Yeah, I go to Harry Fox and pay the licensing (min $17) fees for the few I have up.

9 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

always thought he was underrated too

We are in agreement there...

again, great cover

t