Sound effects scratching?

Neil

Hey ya'll, I have a couple of questions. First, I'm using TH3 and for a song I'm working on I'm using the "airy chords" preset which includes the digital delay and the spring reverb. The issue is that both while I'm playing and/or during playback, I get a scratch type of sound, as if the delay/reverb is kicking back in, so to speak.  Almost as if I'm strumming the strings during a palm mute but the sound is far more harsh and impossible to ignore. I cant recreate it intentionally, it happens intermittently but its frequent enough to be a problem when just trying to record a single chord being strummed a few times. Single notes dont seem to be as much of an issue as I mostly notice it when chords, whether it be a full chord or 2 notes.  I've tried creating a new track as I hoped TH3 was just bugged but the problem persists.  Anyone have this experience or any ideas? Everything else seems to be working normally  but then again I havent gone through all the presets and jammed w/ every one.

Second question, is there a way to stop the sound effects immediately after recording? Or even after just playing...Delay sounds great until you stop and it just echos.....echos......echos.......echos....... and then you have to wait forever for it to stop before you can get a good listen to what you just recorded.

Thanks

11 hours ago, bdickens said:

Presets are designed to sell product, not to sound good in your mix.

That's really not true.

Regarding Neil issue what is the guitar volume?

Have you ever tried to low down TH3 Imput gain or output gain?

What about your audio interface and his gain control?

22 hours ago, bvideo said:

Sometimes a tempo-based digital delay will make scratchy sounds during a tempo change. If you see tempo changes around where you hear the noises, that's the clue that your digital delay in the "airy chords" preset is tempo-based.

I'm literally just trying to strum some chords. Theres no temp change. I'm having trouble simply strumming chords and NOT producing the scratching sounds. No tempo changes.

22 hours ago, bdickens said:

Presets are designed to sell product, not to sound good in your mix.

I understand that but like I said, I was fairly happy with the sound it produces. The sound is fine when it lacks the scratching sound. Theres no reason you cant make any of those presets sound good in a mix. I sometimes use them as a starting point, sometimes I dont change a thing with them or sometimes I start from scratch and build my own sound.  The problem isnt how to get the presets to sound good in my mix. They sound fine, theres simply a "glitch" if you will, that causes things to sound bad.

10 hours ago, lapasoa said:

That's really not true.

Regarding Neil issue what is the guitar volume?

Have you ever tried to low down TH3 Imput gain or output gain?

What about your audio interface and his gain control?

Regarding the guitar volume, I'm unsure what  exactly you mean. I'll say my volume knob on my guitar itself is all the way up, the output volume on TH3 turned down, well below clipping range and my audio interface (scarlett solo) has its gain turned down as well, below the point of clipping.  I dont see an input gain knob anywhere. The amps I'm using do not have gain nobs.

Thanks for the replies