Studio One updated to 5.1.2

cclarry

13 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

I have Pro and I didn't get them....so...

Correct. The wording is misleading.  They say Pro and Sphere, but they mean free with Sphere for every DAW, and Pro Already bundles these plugins.  Lots of people seem confused by this, because it's on the discrete product page in the PreSonus Shop (and telling them they get plugins they know they already have in Studio One Pro seems a bit worthless).

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Correct. The wording is misleading.  They say Pro and Sphere, but they mean free with Sphere for every DAW, and Pro Already bundles these plugins.  Lots of people seem confused by this, because it's on the discrete product page in the PreSonus Shop (and telling them they get plugins they know they already have in Studio One Pro seems a bit worthless).

If Pro already bundles them then wouldn't/shouldn't the updates with the VST's be included?

1 minute ago, Larry Shelby said:

If Pro already bundles them then wouldn't/shouldn't the updates with the VST's be included?

I am thinking that it's a perk for Sphere paying customers, an enticement for non-users (non-paying customers!!) 

You get it with Pro, but not to use in another DAW. That's because your not a Sphere user!!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Larry Shelby said:

I'd never use them anyways...I just like FREE stuff! LOL

Same.  Studio One isn't known for having the best stock plug-ins, and I kind of agree with that... considering I own so many DAWs and can just compare them at will.  I'd never use these, and they would just clutter up the Plug-In list in my other DAWs, forcing me to Hide or Disable them there.

I guess they can be useful in a DAW like Cakewalk, which doesn't ship many stock plugins... However, if you're going to use Cakewalk over Studio One, your money would likely have been better spent  buying better plug-ins instead of a redundant DAW you will barely use, anyways...

The only mildly interesting effect in there is the Rotary, but you can get DB-33 for almost nothing and get one that is pretty much on par with it.  $79+ for those plug-ins is laughable.  Most DAWs ship with an effect that is just as good.

2 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Nope.  PreSonus pretty much stated this on YouTube, in the comments of the announcement video.  Only Sphere users get it for free.  If you just own perpetual SO5 Pro, then it's $80.

If you have Pro, you should already have them, 'check your plugin list under PreSonus in Studio One 5 Pro' You would have had them in v4 as well, if you had Pro, and most likely earlier, can't quite recall, . They gave them an update and a new coat of paint for v5.

To use them in another DAW you need to have PreSonus Hub installed and do the dance with that.  Same like it was to get the Fat Channel stuff to work with other DAWs I guess.

I have never installed or used PreSonus Hub myself, so I'm not sure of the procedure, but I'm sure it isn't to difficult.

I don't use any other DAW, I only use Studio one, so I don't need to have PreSonus Hub installed, and of course I have no need for the plugs to work in another DAW. 

Edited by Fret Flintstone

6 hours ago, Marshall said:

Anyone tell me what the one new feature is? I..e

“Updated ARA integration for VocAlign”

I use this combination all the time, seems to work pretty well as it is

I'm running S1P3 and have been thinking of just going with Sphere instead of upgrading to S1P5. I have limited time to record, normally only during the colder winter months when I'm stuck indoors, so Sphere makes sense for me.

Is VocAlign a 3rd party thing or would it be included with Sphere?

Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I'm running S1P3 and have been thinking of just going with Sphere instead of upgrading to S1P5. I have limited time to record, normally only during the colder winter months when I'm stuck indoors, so Sphere makes sense for me.

Is VocAlign a 3rd party thing or would it be included with Sphere?

Thanks.

Vera much third party. If you work with harmonies it's a godsend. Top quality 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure if it was something like V-Vocal or Melodyne that was 3rd party but included or not.

S1P3 works well for me but it is several versions behind now. I really like the Fat Channel. I bought some similar Softube compressors and I have to say the Presonus version that's free is as good and better in some ways. The most I've had going at one time while tracking was 10 with all modules running and it introduced 0 latency.  That's a biggie for small home studio guys like me who are doing almost everything in the box.

16 hours ago, Marshall said:

Vera much third party. If you work with harmonies it's a godsend. Top quality 

I like the Project version a lot. Last time I thought about getting the full version it was dongle only—a nonstarter for me.

26 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I like the Project version a lot. Last time I thought about getting the full version it was dongle only—a nonstarter for me.

That ... and the $400 dollar price tag for the Pro version. I get it, it saves pro studio's a lot of time/money, but I would have a hard time justifying spending that kind of money for my home based needs although it would be really nice to have. 

• Like 1

Yes that works if you are a Pro user.

Add "Analog Effects Collection" to your cart for $79, login to your account, at checkout you will have a coupon added that makes the total $0. Complete the purchase.

Then launch PreSonus Hub, and "Analog Effects Collection" will be added as an available install! Make sure to close Studio One before running the install!

They are then available as plugins for other DAWs.