Spitfire audio problem

Sordi Riccardo

Hello everyone, I have a problem with Spitfire Audio, I downloaded LABS (Soft Piano, Strings and Tape Orchestra) and BBC Sympony Orchestra,

the files are correctly addressed (program files in users / public / public documents and dlls in the Vst plugins

and they appear in the Plug in manager (see photo 1) but not in the "insert, virtual Synth" (see photo 2) all Kontact programs and other synths work perfectly I have tried everything and I can't solve the problem, thank you very much

riccardo from Pinerolo Italy

1 plugin manager.PNG

2 insert virtual synth.jpg

Verify the plug-in layout is set to "aa". The plug-in layout is set with the first option at the top of the plug-in menu shown in image 2.

BTW, it is best to avoid 32bit plug-ins when a 64bit version is available (ex. Absynth 5).

• Like 1

thank you so much scook for your answer but, it's my fault, because I didn't explain well, the Spitfire plug-ins appear in the Plug-in Manager (see photo) but not in the Layout, I added (add plug in) the Spitfire in the Layout in different positions (Sampler, Synth, u-he, uncategorized) and I called this new Layout: aa but to no avail

Of course I reinstalled the Spitfires several times but since Cakewalk "sees" them I don't think it's a problem Spitfire

Ps. I have been using cakewalk since 1996, it is a splendid and today even free program, underestimated by many for ignorance

Ps, I am 71 years old and therefore your patience is needed !! I am a composer of music for films and TV

many thanks again

Plug in manager.JPG

I have neither plug-in installed.

Do the plug-ins appear in the "Sort by" layouts? 

The "Sort by Category", "Sort by Manufacturer" and "Sort by Type" are built on-the-fly from all available plug-ins.

If not, consider running  a VST reset from preferences.

Do not use the plug-in manager for scanning.

The plug-in manager should be used for managing the Exclude list and building custom layouts only.

Great Scook !!!!!, I recovered BBC Sympony Orchestra, (LABS is still dead) with a VST preference change, I unchecked the boxes (photo) , but then the Spitfire plugins are a little cursed (haha !!!!) PS I have not found a true reset of VST preferences

Thanks again ,   ciao    Riccardo

preferenze.JPG

Reset is the button called "Reimposta..." above and to the right of the red circle

The item in the red circle hides VST 2 plug-ins when a plug-in manufacturer has a VST3 plug-in and the appropriate code is added to the plug-ins indicating it may replace the VST2 plug-in. Deselecting this option shows both VST2 and VST3 plug-ins.

At least, that is the intend of the feature.

When running a VST reset it is usually a good idea to enable "Generate Scan Log" (Genera log dopo la ricerca). Then if the problem continues, the log will be available.

SUPER SUPER  SCOOK !!!!!!! I applied your solution and everything was solved (after endless failed attempts)

but you must admit that for an old man like me it was not easy to arrive at the solution that now seems simple.

Apparently I had somehow messed with the VST settings and who knows what else.

Thank you very much, it was not a question of life or death because I have other Kontact libraries but it was something that has been tormenting me for a long time and I thought I would find the solution in the wrong place

Bravo and thanks again   ........ciao Riccardo

....and long life to Cakewalk !!!!

my music.mp3

• Like 1