Soft synth out of tune when re-opening project

MoreSynthsPlz

I'm having issues with the Carbon Electra Synth in cakewalk. It works fine when first added to a project, but if I close and re open the project, any existing instances of the synth are now out of tune. All instances will be out of tune by the exact same amount, which is about 1 and a half semitones. Any new instances will be in tune for that session, until it is saved and re-opened.

My pitch wheel is working correctly (and the problem still happens with no midi controller plugged in), the midi events look fine, and it happens on an existing project and an otherwise empty project I made to test it. Other synths seem to work fine. It just seems like something is happening with cakewalk on re-opening a project that effects this instrument but I have no idea what it could be.

Any suggestions?

1 & 1/2 semitones is about the ratio between 44100 and 48000. In other words, if your plugin thinks it should generate audio at 44100 when your sound card is playing at 48000 or vice versa it will be that much out of tune. Does your project match the sound card setting? And does other audio in your project sound OK? Does Carbon Electra have its own setting for sample rate (unlikely)?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bvideo said:

1 & 1/2 semitones is about the ratio between 44100 and 48000. In other words, if your plugin thinks it should generate audio at 44100 when your sound card is playing at 48000 or vice versa it will be that much out of tune. Does your project match the sound card setting? And does other audio in your project sound OK? Does Carbon Electra have its own setting for sample rate (unlikely)?

Nice spot - I was operating at 48000, but setting the sound driver to 44100 fixes this problem and the synth is back in tune upon reloading. Every other synth/virtual instrument I've used has worked perfectly well at 48000, so I'll follow up with the synth developers as I can't see anyway to manually configure this.

Thanks for the help!