Cakewalk won't launch/open

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

having this issue too tonight, ive tried everything here but they just aren't working.

but then, i try to open my old project and ..... it can be opened without errors. 

i close my old project , and my CW is error again.   so i open my old project again and create new empty project and save it.

now everytime i want to open new project i use that empty project file. so i think the error is maybe on the cakewalk's frontpage (is that how you call it?) and not in my device.

i attach my empty project file here. 

hope this helps :D

empty.zip

I just had Cakewalk hang at the Splash Logo and would not start and also rebooting Windows 11 didn't solve the issue!

SOLUTION - My UAD Volt Audio Interface was locked up in some way, but since it has a separate PSU and isn't powered solely from USB, rebooting the PC didn't make any difference, I had to yank the power out of it and then all good!

• 6 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 7:07 AM, msmcleod said:

You could try the following:

1. Run RegEdit
2. Within RegEdit, locate  Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk
3. Rename the Core subkey to _Core
4. Run Cakewalk 

This will force Cakewalk to act as is if it is installed for the first time. 

This suggestion worked for the "cakewalk won't launch" (aka "splash screen only") problem that I was experiencing on a new clean-install of Windows 11 and CbB on new HW.

Thank you!