PA Ampeg SVT-VR Classic FREE

Leok85

14 minutes ago, Grem said:

Wow!! That's hard to believe!! I thought we all had some of that stuff!

I'm not the poster, but I'm fairly new to them (which I'd argue was a mistake).  The retail rates they had made me think, I shouldn't even try this stuff becuase I'll never buy it.  I held off for years!

It wasn't until last year that I realized how deep the discounts really got...then went crazy.  Bought a whole mess of stuff it has helped getting away from some plugin makers that have less than idea authorization schemes and update models.   Granted PA isn't the best in the business on that front, but it seems pretty reasonable.

Edited by Brian Walton

shouldn't the stupid PA plugin manager have a modicum of intelligence and track what you've already installed so you don't have to? wouldn't that be the *minimum* a plugin manager oughtta do? do you guys like to complain as much as I do? feels great

EDIT: shouldn't this "manager" also authorize plugins since it's using your account to connect to and download from PA anyways? sheesh

Edited by Monomox
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I realized how deep the discounts really got...then went crazy.

They have some really good stuff. Some of the best in the business in fact. I haven't regretted getting in on some of this stuff, even at the non sale prices I paid for some of it.

I haven't tried this plugin yet, but I do have the STV Classic by Brainworx that I have with my Universal Audio plugins and I can tell you, that one sounds great. I had always used mostly Overlouds Mark Bass in my projects. Now I reach for the UA SVT Classic. So I am hoping this one sounds close to the UA version.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

They have some really good stuff. Some of the best in the business in fact. I haven't regretted getting in on some of this stuff, even at the non sale prices I paid for some of it.

I haven't tried this plugin yet, but I do have the STV Classic by Brainworx that I have with my Universal Audio plugins and I can tell you, that one sounds great. I had always used mostly Overlouds Mark Bass in my projects. Now I reach for the UA SVT Classic. So I am hoping this one sounds close to the UA version.

The UA Ampeg stuff is the exact same as the PA, made by the same people.  Only difference on this one is it is a stripped down version.

I have the SVT3 Pro which I got for the versatility, but the V4-B is my favorite sounding one for recording, it just works in the mix without fuss unlike anything else I've tried.

• Like 1