Lost a bunch of core functions by accident

Max Castle

Question

Hi all!

Not sure how I did this (I think it was a result of some unfortunate backup/rewriting of folders during a backup of some content to the cloud) but I seem to have lost all the various presets in the Cakewalk Core, like all the arpeggiator patterns,  FX chain presets,  step sequencer patterns, all of it.  :(  Otherwise, the program is performing perfectly, it just no longer has access to all the templates, maps and patterns that comprise the core.

What's the easiest way to restore all of this?  I did a reinstall of CbB and that didn't seem to help - is there a way to selectively get this stuff back?

Thanks!

Chris

2 answers to this question

Did you perform a clean re-install?

7 minutes ago, Max Castle said:

lost all the various presets in the Cakewalk Core, like all the arpeggiator patterns,  FX chain presets,  step sequencer patterns, all of it. 

There is no selective re-install for these files.

Be aware the clean re-install will delete the default VST folder. If you have third party plug-ins installed in the default folder, you may want to temporarily move the folder "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTplugins" to a safe place before executing step 9 and put the folder back afterward.