AudioGridder (FREE Plugin Host)

mibby

9 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I wonder if this works in a cluster setting so you can spread the load across something like a chain of Compute Stick or Latte Panda Alpha.

I've got a Compute Stick, and it struggles with just running Windows, never mind plugins.

I bought it primarily for testing browser compatibility for a website... it's been pretty useless for anything else.

19 hours ago, locrian said:

Sure.

I left everything in its default state except the Server ID (which I did change but is not shown here in the screenshot).

Thanks so much! Am going to delve in again and try

On 1/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, msmcleod said:

I've got a Compute Stick, and it struggles with just running Windows, never mind plugins.

I bought it primarily for testing browser compatibility for a website... it's been pretty useless for anything else.

Well, the lastest build of Windows 10 for ARM has x86 emulation. Raspberry Pi 4 cluster, maybe?

7 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I listened - it seems like the drums were behind???  Is it just me?

Sounds like the the piano isn't quantised, and with the strings so loud it's hard to hear the transients of the piano... so I'd put it down to the drummer trying to cope with working out the tempo!

• 3 weeks later...

just to chime in again and update my earlier frustrations. Somebody mentioned on KVR that the RDP that I was using to access remote machine is not supported in AudioGridder and to switch to VNC. I did and now it works great, very pleased 😁

Edited by tom

• 10 months later...

Audiogridder has been a complete game changer for me as I use Acustica Audio stuff a lot.

I have an Audiogridder server installed on a laptop which is connected to my studio computer via Ethernet.  I also installed the Audiogridder server on my studio computer (i9 9900, 32 gig RAM, 2 1TB M2’s, 3 x 1TB SSD)  so when I load up the Audiogridder plugin within Cakewalk I can choose between the laptop or the studio computer to host and run the plugin.

GREAT STUFF !

Edited by Greg Wynn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Wynn said:

Audiogridder has been a complete game changer for me as I use Acustica Audio stuff a lot.

I have an Audiogridder server installed on a laptop which is connected to my studio computer via Ethernet.  I also installed the Audiogridder server on my studio computer (i9 9900, 32 gig RAM, 2 1TB M2’s, 3 x 1TB SSD)  so when I load up the Audiogridder plugin within Cakewalk I can choose between the laptop or the studio computer to host and run the plugin.

GREAT STUFF !

Thanks for bumping this!  It would be a great use for an old PC...

1 minute ago, mibby said:

Thanks for bumping this!  It would be a great use for an old PC...

I wish I had tried it earlier !  I tried the newer betas (I think 1.2.1 beta 6 ?) but kept getting error messages.

reverted back to 1.1.1 and smooth sailing.  

This truly needs to be part of all DAWs !

12 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

I wish I had tried it earlier !  I tried the newer betas (I think 1.2.1 beta 6 ?) but kept getting error messages.

reverted back to 1.1.1 and smooth sailing.  

This truly needs to be part of all DAWs !

Reaper has a similar feature.