Rice Crispies Abound

Michael McBroom

4 hours ago, Michael McBroom said:

(...) Which has caused me to wonder -- is it possible to network two computers together in a single DAW environment? Over a network maybe? Such that they can be synced when music production is going on? One possibility I thought of is to configure the spare system as a MIDI instrument and just hook it up to the master system as if it were, say, a MIDI keyboard or something. True, that limits its usefulness -- no audio for starters. Maybe assigning its audio and MIDI outs to audio and MIDI tracks in the other machine? I dunno. But it seems that, for this to work, at a minimum, sync must occur between the two machines and the auxiliary machine must be able to share its variety of patches and audio voices. 

You may try this freeware:

https://audiogridder.com/how-does-it-work/

Thanks, Mister X. I've d/l'd the server and plug-in modules. Now all I have to do is get my other machine up and running. Should be in a few days -- waiting on that new drive.

abacab, yeah, so far, it's working nicely. No hiccups and the music sounds great. I gotta say, though, I don't care much for the  Win10 interface. I don't understand why M$ had to change everything around. I guess I'll get used to it, though.

Edited by Michael McBroom