Where does Cakewalk store the list of active plugins?

Skelm

Hi,

Does Cakewalk store the active list of plugins in the registry or a text file, or anywhere else accessible? I installed a new plugin (Roli Studio Player) and after scanning, Cakewalk had found 2 new plugins but also removed 23 other plugins. It doesn't appear to have removed any of my main plugins, but I don't want to be surprised in a session when I open a track and some plugins are not available, so I would like to check what was deleted and re-install if necessary. I could restore from backup but that is quite time consuming, so hopefully there is some other way I can access this list to make sure nothing critical was removed. I will leave logging on in future just in case this happens again, but it unfortunately was switched off when this happened. Thanks for any assistance.

The DX plug-ins are registered at install time.

VST2/VST3 are registered by the scanner.

The data is stored in the registry.

The VST2/3 data is stored in 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory

I wrote a tool to view and export the VST2/3 data called VST Inventory Tool. The export is an html table viewable in any browser or spreadsheet tool.

It is available on my google page.

• Like 1