Computer is down!

cclarry

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

I've disable background scans in Cakewalk.

Studio One and Ableton Live don't seem to take long to scan. They seem to be a bit more selective with what gets scanned at every startup.

I do the same.

But even with the same settings, I actually have different experiences on different machines with Cakewalk.  Once machine clearly scans everything another one seems to only search for new stuff and skims over all the old ones.  Haven't figured out why.  

But I just disable that scan across the board, I know when I install something, then just run a manual scan.

• Like 3

Ok...computer went down AGAIN....grrrrrr...

I NOW believe that this has to do with Windows 10 20H2,
as BOTH times this is the version I was running when it went down...
I was able to revert to 1909 and get it running again, but everything
was gone!

Startup Repair would not work....AGAIN!!!

I NOW have to REINSTALL everything AGAIN!

• Sad 3

Yip .. I am seeing quiet a few Client older systems with Windows 10 20H2 issues .. My own Dell i5 Inspiron 17" laptop is in this boat. I attempted once to upgrade to Windows 10 20H2, ended up with the bluescreen repair stuff on reboot .. had to revert back to the previous 2004 and left it at that since. I will not upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 until forced to do so. It is still as an OPTION to install in the Windows Update window, I will not be taking that option for the moment :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

Ok...computer went down AGAIN....grrrrrr...

I NOW believe that this has to do with Windows 10 20H2,
as BOTH times this is the version I was running when it went down...
I was able to revert to 1909 and get it running again, but everything
was gone!

Startup Repair would not work....AGAIN!!!

I NOW have to REINSTALL everything AGAIN!

No image to fall back to?

5 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

Sadly, for some reason, it won't let me even restore a backup....which also might be related to 20H2...IDK

You should be able to use a bootable rescue disk that runs WinPE with a portable copy of your backup software. That would bypass whatever 20H2 is installed on your hard drive.

9 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

Yep...tried that too to no avail...it's a weird situation for sure...I'll get through...just hate having to go through all this again...

Takes 2 days to get everything "reinstalled".

That's really weird. Using an external boot bypasses the hard drive and anything that's on it.

Almost sounds like a hardware issue...