Computer is down!

cclarry

4 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Went to bed last night...woke up and computer woudn't boot....working on it now...
Won't be here for a bit...hate using my phone for this crap...so I'll be back hopefully
later today!

Been there, Larry. Keep us updated. Hopefully you'll get it worked out soon. 

Edited by Peter DeLegge

6 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Went to bed last night...woke up and computer woudn't boot....working on it now...
Won't be here for a bit...hate using my phone for this crap...so I'll be back hopefully
later today!

When you say "wouldn't boot." - that's meaning?..... won't power up at all?   Powers up , but blank screen - and hard drive light activity?.  You see the boot process but hangs at part of the Windows boot phase?

Ok...for some reason my Windows boot manager took a crap...so I couldn't access my OS Drive.
I had been wanting to swap out the 500 SSD for the 1 TB...so this was that opportunity!  I had to 
move the entire 1 TB drive to a different drive by the Command Prompt.  Took ALL DAY to copy
the files to the other drive...and I just now got Windows installed on the 1 TB...now the real fun 
begins!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

I am indeed..but it's been rock solid for several years Grem...

To be honest Larry, I never did come up with the culprit, other than Win 10 updates. Because now the same computer has been rock solid for over a year now!! AMD FX 6300. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grem said:

To be honest Larry, I never did come up with the culprit, other than Win 10 updates. Because now the same computer has been rock solid for over a year now!! AMD FX 6300. 

You guys have me worried. I'm installing a new (to me) DAW PC with an AMD Ryzen 3.   Are there issues with AMD CPUs??

5 hours ago, mibby said:

You guys have me worried. I'm installing a new (to me) DAW PC with an AMD Ryzen 3.   Are there issues with AMD CPUs??

No worries Mibby...they're solid.  I don't believe that it had anything to do with the CPU/Motherboard...

12 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Ok...for some reason my Windows boot manager took a crap...so I couldn't access my OS Drive.
I had been wanting to swap out the 500 SSD for the 1 TB...so this was that opportunity!  I had to 
move the entire 1 TB drive to a different drive by the Command Prompt.  Took ALL DAY to copy
the files to the other drive...and I just now got Windows installed on the 1 TB...now the real fun 
begins!

You could've fixed that by booting with a Windows 10 installation disk and using the repair tools.