Stealing soul ft Bapu & Jyemz

Zargg

On 3/31/2019 at 8:53 PM, emeraldsoul said:

OK it's heavy, which honestly is not my forte but I still liked it. So I will offer a ridiculous idea: in the section where you are trading between the two chords (like in the 2:00 area) you have a ringy snare? or tom? on the second and fourth beat. It is very much a pitched snare with a ring at a particular pitch.

The pitch totally works for the second chord, but it's quite off pitch for the first chord. I bet with some fancy pitch shifting of it onto another track, you could pitch the snare right in tune with the key of the first chord. Or if the drums are virtual, just create instance #2 and pitch that snare up for the first chord.

But that would be totally ridiculous! 

Did that make any sense? probably not.

The main things is the vocals (gutturally great), the guitar lines in the lead (very cool) and the nifty drum fills. And that wall of guitars at the end, I wanted that to keep going. Very strong.

cheers gents,

-Tom

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for listening, and positive and creative feedback.

I see your point, but don't think I'll do it on this song ( but I like the idea, and will try to implement it in one of my songs😎).

All the best.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:08 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Ken,

You've got a cool piece of Dark Metal here with an almost operatic vibe!🤘

Interesting lyrics and powerful metal vocals.  In the intro and some other sections, the vocal style reminded me of System of a Down.

James also did some really nice shredding in there, and you can't go wrong with our buddy, Ed on the bass!

Nice work by all three of you, great collab!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

Thanks for listening, and the positive feedback, Bob 😎

Sorry for the late reply.

I take the SOAD reference in a positive manner 😉

Both Ed and James did a great job on this one (as well) 🤘

All the best.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:05 PM, ramscapri said:

Good track of collaboration Ken. Pretty heavy on distortions and overdrives yet well mixed in metal piece. 👍

Thanks for listening, and the positive feedback 😎

All the best.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Leizer said:

Kjempegreit!

So much energy unleashed on the chorus, and lovely verses as nice contrast. Good work all involved. 😀

Beklager sent svar. Takk, Lasse!

I did my best to make the choruses big, and the verses a bit "fragile".

All the best.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Leizer said:

Kjempegreit!

So much energy unleashed on the chorus, and lovely verses as nice contrast. Good work all involved. 😀

And I can only imagine what it would sound like if you had done some of/the orchestral parts.

Might have made it mighty 😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zargg said:

And I can only imagine what it would sound like if you had done some of/the orchestral parts.

Might have made it mighty 😎

Lol you did great on your own. Maybe a collab later on. "Nordic fury" suitable name? 🤣 I have my "studio" in the livingroom with a second child coming in about two weeks, so not much time for daw-ing now. We have planned the top floor for about 1,5 years and in august it hopefully is ready for moving in. Then I will get an own music room again. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leizer said:

Lol you did great on your own. Maybe a collab later on. "Nordic fury" suitable name? 🤣 I have my "studio" in the livingroom with a second child coming in about two weeks, so not much time for daw-ing now. We have planned the top floor for about 1,5 years and in august it hopefully is ready for moving in. Then I will get an own music room again. :)

When time permits, and if you feel like doing a collab, just hit me up here, or via my ken@zargg.com email address.

All the best