Stealing soul ft Bapu & Jyemz

Zargg

Really like this one and this mix is very, very  good ... drums are just excellent so powerful and deep breath for the addition of guitar well played James! (Just one thing, for me anyway, why did you cut if short ...almost like you ran outta tape 🤔 ...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SPAK said:

Really like this one and this mix is very, very  good ... drums are just excellent so powerful and deep breath for the addition of guitar well played James! (Just one thing, for me anyway, why did you cut if short ...almost like you ran outta tape 🤔 ...)

The MIDI track was cut short. Will fix it.

Otherwise thanks for the positive feedback, SPAK 😎

All the best. 

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Zargg said:

The MIDI track was cut short. Will fix it.

Otherwise thanks for the positive feedback, SPAK 😎

All the best. 

Look forward to it ... and just a thing, I was taken by your vocal tracks, in that the BG vocal is half time against the main vocal 9_9 .... on listening again it's sorta Opera'ish  ... Maybe one of me favs now I think ( hard to believe when listening to my stuff .. but true anyway )

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SPAK said:

Look forward to it ... and just a thing, I was taken by your vocal tracks, in that the BG vocal is half time against the main vocal 9_9 .... on listening again it's sorta Opera'ish  ... Maybe one of me favs now I think ( hard to believe when listening to my stuff .. but true anyway )

ATB

Steve

I try to take influences from all kinds of music, and that part of the vocal is somewhat inspired by "an operatic'ish" way of splitting (vocal) lines.

Again thanks for the kind words, Steve 😎

All the best.

2 hours ago, ØSkald said:

I like it. It has a toutch of post black right?

For our norwgians: Bra vokal. Veldig improvisatorisk feeling over det. Gjør det hele så mye mer levende!

Thanks, Øyvind 😎 If it's a good touch, I'll take it 😉

Takker for positiv tilbakemelding. Blir ofte små variasjoner når jeg synger harmoni vokalen på versene.

• Like 1

Zargg
I really liked the guitar accom in the quieter parts and the solo was outstanding tho I thought it came in a bit late. Vocal seemed too much in front and as with all metal songs, I can never make out the lyrics. Great collaboration!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Zargg
I really liked the guitar accom in the quieter parts and the solo was outstanding tho I thought it came in a bit late. Vocal seemed too much in front and as with all metal songs, I can never make out the lyrics. Great collaboration!

Thanks for the positive feedback, Bjorn.

Bapu taught me where my  vocals were supposed to be volume vise, but I might have exaggerated it 😉 But metal vocals are loud 😎

I'll upload the lyrics to Soundcloud, and perhaps here as well.

All the best

OK it's heavy, which honestly is not my forte but I still liked it. So I will offer a ridiculous idea: in the section where you are trading between the two chords (like in the 2:00 area) you have a ringy snare? or tom? on the second and fourth beat. It is very much a pitched snare with a ring at a particular pitch.

The pitch totally works for the second chord, but it's quite off pitch for the first chord. I bet with some fancy pitch shifting of it onto another track, you could pitch the snare right in tune with the key of the first chord. Or if the drums are virtual, just create instance #2 and pitch that snare up for the first chord.

But that would be totally ridiculous! 

Did that make any sense? probably not.

The main things is the vocals (gutturally great), the guitar lines in the lead (very cool) and the nifty drum fills. And that wall of guitars at the end, I wanted that to keep going. Very strong.

cheers gents,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

Hi, Ken,

You've got a cool piece of Dark Metal here with an almost operatic vibe!🤘

Interesting lyrics and powerful metal vocals.  In the intro and some other sections, the vocal style reminded me of System of a Down.

James also did some really nice shredding in there, and you can't go wrong with our buddy, Ed on the bass!

Nice work by all three of you, great collab!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

• Like 1