Neural DSP Archetype Gojira

cclarry

$159

Archetype: Gojira covers as vast a ground as the band’s iconic compositions. From clean, mellow ambience to the most obliterating high gain, Archetype: Gojira provides enough options for you to create your own iconic sounds.

Save 20% with loyalty rewards, or download a 14-day free trial.

Two brand-new algorithms to Neural DSP plugins ingratiate the Pitch Effects section, giving you unparalleled flexibility for crafting and tweaking your tone.

Wow // A MIDI-programmable pitch shifter pedal with 3 different modes providing ultimate control over the additional octave and pitch sweep. Tracking better than the best analog equivalent, nothing is stopping you from nailing Stranded now.

Oct // A polyphonic octaver pedal capable of adding two independent octaves, one -1 octave and the other -2 octaves below your dry signal. You’ve never played riffs this heavy.

The pre-effects section features chorus and phaser pedals, new to the line-up, in addition to an overdrive and distortion pedal.

CLN // A pristine model of a vintage tube amplifier sits at the front of the amp section. Lower the gain for clean tones or crank it for unbelievably natural tube saturation. 

RUST // Calling RUST a crunch amplifier would be like calling Silvera a lullaby. Sure, you could try to use it to send your little ones to sleep, but don’t blame us for the nightmares they have. Featuring one of the biggest gain sweeps we’ve ever worked with, this behemoth will take you to Another World.

HOT // Hotter than Magma; this channel is what you’re here for. It perfectly captures the clear, defined, ultra high-gain tone Gojira is known for. Pair it with the Time Effects section for soaring lead tones or the Pitch Effects section for gargantuan rhythm tones.

Joining the amplifiers, pitch effects, and pre-effects, is the customary 9-band graphic EQ for each amplifier, as well as the cabsim section with six movable microphones and hundreds of IRs made by Adam “Nolly” Getgood. Finally, the time effects section finishes the tone stack featuring a delay pedal with tape saturation and a reverb pedal with a haunting dark-voiced shimmer.

The heaviest plugin in the universe.

Save 20% with loyalty rewards, or download a 14-day free trial.

https://neuraldsp.com/plugins/archetype-gojira

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Like 3

This thing is a beast.  No pure clean tones which is a deal breaker for me but I've not heard gain like this in an amp sim before.  The lead amp actually pairs nicely (and much differently!) with all three cabs.  Going to dive in more over the weekend.  This is my first full weekend at home since Thanksgiving so I have a ton of catching up to do. 

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 2

My fingres are SPENT! I have been demoing this thing for 5 hours straight now - and haven't had this much fun playing guitar for years! It's a no brainer for me I think. It is heavy, but I do meddle in the heavier guitar tones mostly ;)

But I thought it was much better at both clean and crunchy tones than I expected. I actually got some very smooth clean tones out of it. But maybe I am listening for something else. I have only tried the Fortin Nameless suite from Neural DSP before and it does its one thing very great. The Gojira amp I think I could use for a ton of different tones. 

It's definitely worth demoing. I'm going to go and cool off my fingers on a cold glass of beer. Cheers!

BTW, its built in IR loader is absolutely golden!

Edited by projectm
To add:
  • Like 3

While Gojira is a great band, this plugin is just yet another one trick pony in the pile of metal plugins out there that all sound more or less the same, despite the numerous improvement claims made by developers. The only thing getting heavy is the amount of metal needed to make these run without dropouts. But they sure look pretty...

It's upwards of 15 - 17% on my system, Zo, but I'm not running a particularly advanced system so I expect this out of Neural plugins.  I gotta say this one is definitely different when it comes to high gain tones - I keep thinking I've got both the OD and Distortion pedals activated when neither actually are.  It's a ton of fun and when I realized I forgot to turn off the overdrive, the clean tones became, well, very clean.  Effects are awesome as usual.  I wouldn't shell out this much cash for a relatively narrow amp suite, but it is SO tempting.

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

It's upwards of 15 - 17% on my system, Zo, but I'm not running a particularly advanced system so I expect this out of Neural plugins.  I gotta say this one is definitely different when it comes to high gain tones - I keep thinking I've got both the OD and Distortion pedals activated when neither actually are.  It's a ton of fun and when I realized I forgot to turn off the overdrive, the clean tones became, well, very clean.  Effects are awesome as usual.  I wouldn't shell out this much cash for a relatively narrow amp suite, but it is SO tempting.

Just tried and eneded heavy on cpu as soon as you go time based fx , pedals are superbs , imho the best suite with cory wong , amp wise superb as usual with neural but noting new , for me the beauty is in the combinaison .... AT5 still for me the best offering for someone that knows a thing or two in tone making /shaping !!

The clean has a superb dynamic that can be reached with nolly and plini but less direct !!

They really should make some like AT5 or some where you unlock what you bougth and customise , if i want to use pedal from nolly , amp in plini , fx in cory wong ect ....it's a pain ...they should integrate those in a shell ....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zo said:

is it 50 % cpu on a 8 core ? lol 

I just made a project at 48khz with 40 tracks with audio and one instance of the Archetype Gojira inserted on all of them. Every module in the plugin is on. CPU hit an average on 49.8% on an iMac 2019  with a 3,6GHz i9 processor running Logic Pro X. Not too shabby I'd say. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

While Gojira is a great band, this plugin is just yet another one trick pony in the pile of metal plugins out there that all sound more or less the same, despite the numerous improvement claims made by developers. The only thing getting heavy is the amount of metal needed to make these run without dropouts. But they sure look pretty...

The plugin is very far from a one trick pony. Three different amps with very different characters, a great pitch shifter, a very nice delay and reverb, and can go anywhere between clean, deep melodic tones to ultra high gain rhythms.

You shoud give a try to the demo, because the Neural DSP video only shows one preset: Silvera Solo, and I think it's not fair to the plugin itself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pollux said:

The plugin is very far from a one trick pony. Three different amps with very different characters, a great pitch shifter, a very nice delay and reverb, and can go anywhere between clean, deep melodic tones to ultra high gain rhythms.

You shoud give a try to the demo, because the Neural DSP video only shows one preset: Silvera Solo, and I think it's not fair to the plugin itself.

Ola Englund has a brand new walk-through on his channel and does a great job showing the potential versatility of this package. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pollux said:

I'll take a look at it once I'm done reinstalling my PC. I went back to Amplitube 4 because 5 is not mature enough. The last one of those new plugins I tested was the STL ones and I believe the Howard Benson one caused dropouts by just being loaded without any sound going through it. I also had similar experiences with Emissary and the new NadIR.

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I'll take a look at it once I'm done reinstalling my PC. I went back to Amplitube 4 because 5 is not mature enough. The last one of those new plugins I tested was the STL ones and I believe the Howard Benson one caused dropouts by just being loaded without any sound going through it. I also had similar experiences with Emissary and the new NadIR.

Using STL since months : zero issues , specs ?

Been testing this one again yesturday night and the cleans is really defined and precise ,the range bewteen clean and drive is allowing dinamic play more than other archetype or am i tripping ?

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Using STL since months : zero issues , specs ?

Been testing this one again yesturday night and the cleans is really defined and precise ,the range bewteen clean and drive is allowing dinamic play more than other archetype or am i tripping ?

I don't think I'd need a dual cpu workstation to simulate a guitar amp but... Modern plugins keep proving me wrong.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I don't think I'd need a dual cpu workstation to simulate a guitar amp but... Modern plugins keep proving me wrong.

Guess who jumpe on UAD because last generation plugins are stupidly cpu hungry , come thing it's the spund , but my guess is that a lot don't waist time in code optimisation since they know most people have savage power .... 

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Guess who jumpe on UAD because last generation plugins are stupidly cpu hungry , come thing it's the spund , but my guess is that a lot don't waist time in code optimisation since they know most people have savage power .... 

This is a quite known developer bubble. They all have enthusiast hardware and think every user has the same hardware or can easily throw money at the problem...Even when the performance issues are their fault. That's how Steinberg developers their software.

And...Do I have to create an account to download a trial? It's one of those companies...

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino