Groove 3 Ampitube 5 Explained

cclarry

16 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

I always forget about the groove3 subscription I got with some random izotope purchase - their videos are mostly first rate !

And, despite my annoyance at IKM selling techniques and slippery product support AT5 does sound pretty good - if the price of the upgrade to max becomes sensible I might even consider it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, simon said:

I always forget about the groove3 subscription I got with some random izotope purchase - their videos are mostly first rate !

And, despite my annoyance at IKM selling techniques and slippery product support AT5 does sound pretty good - if the price of the upgrade to max becomes sensible I might even consider it.

I'll be waiting for a cheap Max upgrade, or Total Studio Max 3....

IK's bogus garbage system blows...but the products are decent...
but eventually that's not going to be enough and I'll bail. It's getting
old really.  The fact that own I 2 Amplitube Max's, and STILL have to pay
the same as everyone else on the intro offer REALLY ticks me off!

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

old really.  The fact that own 2 Amplitube Max's, and STILL have to pay

100% agree - I managed to buy the last AT4max purchase during the AT5 grace period, although that only gave me v5 SE. 

So I've

AT4 max
AT5 SE
A few other expansions

but it's still the SAME price for me to upgrade - no way that IKM can spin that as 'good customer relations'

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, simon said:

despite my annoyance at IKM selling techniques

35 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

IK's bogus garbage system blows

27 minutes ago, simon said:

So I've

AT4 max
AT5 SE
A few other expansions

but it's still the SAME price for me to upgrade - no way that IKM can spin that as 'good customer relations'

We have often talked about IK's Marketing Dept decsions. How these guys still have a job....

But I do like the software. And I do have some of their hardware too. I haven't even counted how many Amplitubes I have, or Sample Tanks, or T-Racks.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

old really.  The fact that own I 2 Amplitube Max's, and STILL have to pay

I got lucky, I think. Maybe it's because I purchased Amplitube 4 Max less than 12 months ago. I don't know. But when I went to install it on the laptop I bought to replace my old desktop, the IK installer showed both AT4 and AT5 available for download. I thought "ha", just like Arturia with Analog Lab 5...available for download, only to find out it's a demo version. After a couple of days, I said "what the hey" and installed and "authorized" it.

Turned out to be the full AT5 with Max (could be the AT4 Max), but my additional purchases (SVT2 and Leslie) were also there. And after all the beatching I did for not being offered an upgrade price. If there had been one, I'd have stupidly and unnecessarily spent the money on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I got lucky, I think. Maybe it's because I purchased Amplitube 4 Max less than 12 months ago. I don't know. But when I went to install it on the laptop I bought to replace my old desktop, the IK installer showed both AT4 and AT5 available for download. I thought "ha", just like Arturia with Analog Lab 5...available for download, only to find out it's a demo version. After a couple of days, I said "what the hey" and installed and "authorized" it.

Turned out to be the full AT5 with Max (could be the AT4 Max), but my additional purchases (SVT2 and Leslie) were also there. And after all the beatching I did for not being offered an upgrade price. If there had been one, I'd have stupidly and unnecessarily spent the money on it.

Pete stated that all of your existing libraries would be updated.  But you will be missing some of the new amps and VIR's...as 
you either only got Ampltiube 5 Custom Shop, or Ampltiube 5 SE, but not the full version.  

Here's the comparison.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf
I bought Amplitube 4 (the same price as everyone else - VERY BAD) in the grace period to get SE, because otherwise it would have been CS which has
almost none of the new gear...and THAT was DESPITE have 2 A4 Max products and Total Studio Max 2!

I have only Amplitube 5 CS and when trying to use the stereo routing I get a "this is a premium only feature" type of pop-up. So with T-Racks 5 they cut on resizing and now with Amplitube 5 they cut on routing... but I don't remember it mentioned anywhere. As a keyboard player I just wasted 3GB of my tiny disk space and the time for installing it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I have only Amplitube 5 CS and when trying to use the stereo routing I get a "this is a premium only feature" type of pop-up. So with T-Racks 5 they cut on resizing and now with Amplitube 5 they cut on routing... but I don't remember it mentioned anywhere. As a keyboard player I just wasted 3GB of my tiny disk space and the time for installing it.

Yes. I hate this "premium only feature" BS. At least with Amplitude 5, they made it so you can hide presets for equipment you do not own. I hated that in 4. You click on a preset only to have it tell you that you do not own everything required for the preset and that it may not sound right. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You click on a preset only to have it tell you that you do not own everything required for the preset and that it may not sound right. 

That's what turned me off their stuff, the push selling and annoying crippleware. Together with the interface. I'm happy with S-Gear, Kuassa and even Guitar Rig at times, they all have a place on my DAW. Real looking amps with knobs that turn like real amps without all the bells and whistles and no nag screens. Nag screens are from the 80's, someone needs to tell IK that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Does this video series explain how Amplitube 5 is a downgrade from version 4? Slower, full of bugs, tons of issues regarding people not having the models they paid for in the early version transfering despite IK People guaranteeing all purchases would carry over across versions...

they forget to mention that :D

20 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Does this video series explain how Amplitube 5 is a downgrade from version 4? Slower, full of bugs, tons of issues regarding people not having the models they paid for in the early version transfering despite IK People guaranteeing all purchases would carry over across versions...

I am having none of those problems at all. There is no way you can call this a downgrade.

• Like 4