2B Played 2B Delayed Classic FREE

cclarry

Why would I get this unsolicited email from them?

“Hello,

Your user password was reset by the website administrator. Below are the details:

Please visit the following URL to reset your password : .....

If you have any questions or require assistance contact your website administrator on info@2bplayed.com.

Thank you.”

I got the same message, which seemed a little suspicious. I've only downloaded a couple of freebies from them (including this latest one), but you do have to have an account and be logged in to check out on their site.

Instead of clicking the email link, I went directly to the 2bplayed.com site and tried logging in, and got a message that my password was indeed "expired". I followed a link on the site to reset it, got a second email, followed that to change my password and could log in again. So the original email seems/seemed legit -- but it makes you wonder if 2bplayed may have had a security issue on their end recently.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here's the second email from them:

announced security measure

At 2B Played Music we think it is important that all your data and purchased plug-ins are safe.

Every day websites are attacked on the internet and a lot of personal information is stolen.

Fortunately that does not happen to us. And this has never happened.

But in order to be able to continue to prevent this in the future, we have added an extra layer of security to our website.

As a result, we are unfortunately forced to have every user change his password.

Every user has received an e-mail from us that his/her password has been reset.

We realize that this may be a tricky message. But we are confident that every user is happy that we handle his and / or her data safely.

Our apologies for the overload caused. This was a one-off necessary measure.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for reading this post and see you soon!

Kind Regards,

2B Played Music

• Thanks 2

If you're still on Win 7 like I am, you may get a a WinHttp.WinWttpRequest error when you enter your license key for validation during install.

Issue is regarding TLS security protocol.

Just follow the instructions nicely presented in 2B's FAQ.

Quite a bit of bother for a free plugin, but it did work.

Edited by Paul P