Bounce to clip issue

Joel Trembecki

Hi,

I was under the impression that bounce to clip would simply combine multiple clips in a track into a single clip without applying any effects, and this is what has been occuring until recently. Now it appears that some or all effects on the track are also being baked in, even with the Pro Chanel and effects bins switched off when bouncing. I believe this started after the last official release but I'm not exactly sure. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a workaround?

edit - this is also occuring when converting a stereo file to mono

Update - So, after a bit of experimenting, it appears that it isn't the effects that are being applied, I'm just getting a 3db boost in gain. I've managed to get the bounce to clip to work correctly by removing my mono plugins, setting interleave to stereo and bouncing to clip. However, I still have an issue that when I convert to mono, the signal is being boosted by 3db.

It's a mic signal that should have been recorded in mono but was instead recorded in stereo. I've tried with interleave in both stereo and mono as well as changing the stereo pan law in settings. I've tried with plugins on and off (not that they should affect it) and I'm still getting the boost.

Edited by Joel Trembecki

My guess is the track is being summed to mono. This results in a 3db boost. See https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Playback.19.html

Rather than work with 2 mono channels in one track bounce the track using the "Split Mono" track format to create two mono tracks. Then throw away one of the tracks and work with a single mono track.