[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.01 Early Access

Morten Saether

35 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

For last and this update I have been getting these Type 0 dropouts .. at this stage I am getting these with my older Cakewalk project files. Only time I dont get these dropouts is with brand new file, though I have not tested that enough yet.

The error I get as file loads is below, consistently. Plus it takes a while to load the files, longer than I would expect. System is Core i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB HD sata. And if they play, they do so with crackles eventually crashing with this dropout error 0 again.

So I decided to try something. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 audio I/F ( latest Drivers ). I decided to switch the AUDIO in CW Prefs to WASAPI so I could change over to the built in Realtek soundcard. BODA BING ... not alone did any of the "trouble" files load up without this dropout error, they also loaded super fast, no crackles.

So do i have to conclude that CW doesnt like the AUDIENT EVO 4 ASIO Driver? I just also tested the following .. I switched the AUDIENT over to WASAPI and once again BODA BING :D .. all seems to be well, fast file load, no crackles, no dropouts .. so far

Seems to be ( in my case ) the Audient Asio driver is the issue???

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

It would appear that something is inefficient when running with that ASIO device if its not showing an issue in WASAPI.
Hard to say since we've never used that device. Will try and contact the vendor and ask them to send us an interface for testing.

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It would appear that something is inefficient when running with that ASIO device if its not showing an issue in WASAPI.
Hard to say since we've never used that device. Will try and contact the vendor and ask them to send us an interface for testing.

Thanks @Noel Borthwick .. much appreciated ..

Same crew who gave us the ID4 I/F

https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id4/overview/

Edited by aidan o driscoll

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

For last and this update I have been getting these Type 0 dropouts .. at this stage I am getting these with my older Cakewalk project files. Only time I dont get these dropouts is with brand new file, though I have not tested that enough yet.

The error I get as file loads is below, consistently. Plus it takes a while to load the files, longer than I would expect. System is Core i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB HD sata. And if they play, they do so with crackles eventually crashing with this dropout error 0 again.

So I decided to try something. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 audio I/F ( latest Drivers ). I decided to switch the AUDIO in CW Prefs to WASAPI so I could change over to the built in Realtek soundcard. BODA BING ... not alone did any of the "trouble" files load up without this dropout error, they also loaded super fast, no crackles.

So do i have to conclude that CW doesnt like the AUDIENT EVO 4 ASIO Driver? I just also tested the following .. I switched the AUDIENT over to WASAPI and once again BODA BING :D .. all seems to be well, fast file load, no crackles, no dropouts .. so far

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

With my interface, setting it to WASAPI requires me to play the transport for a few seconds, otherwise the playback has crackles.

5 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

Suggestion: untick "Use MMCSS" in Cakewalk's preferences.  There is some - ahem - disagreement about whether the driver or application should control use of MMCSS (Steinberg, MOTU and - from memory - RME all say it should be the driver, so I'd argue this is correct), and I wonder if there's some conflict here.

It's only a guess mind!

45 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Suggestion: untick "Use MMCSS" in Cakewalk's preferences.  There is some - ahem - disagreement about whether the driver or application should control use of MMCSS (Steinberg, MOTU and - from memory - RME all say it should be the driver, so I'd argue this is correct), and I wonder if there's some conflict here.

It's only a guess mind!

@Kevin Perry Thanking you good sir. So far, that appears to have sorted this issue.

ASIO working the way it should. Will try on my other system tomorrow and see if same. I move the EVO tween 2 systems

Just downloaded and installed. Looking forward to playing with the Arranger. I have never needed to use it but have a finished project I'd like to,,well,, re- arrange. 

To those who are using WASAPI- Be careful of your overdubs. You should really run a loopback test and adjust your timing offset- Only ASIO can correctly report to Cakewalk the correct RTL so that it can adjust the timing offset. This is why it's also important that your interface is the timing master and the device used in the latency dialog. I have had this taken over by Generic drivers and this throws your timing offset out.  ( sorry OT but I cringe when I see people using anything but ASIO. ) 

2021-01-18.png

So I go to export a song and for the first time in a million years I get the " there is no audio selected"  dialog? OK, I remember what to do, select none and carry on. But is this the new version trashing the export function or is this because I used the arranger?  I saved the song first etc,   By the way, the arranger was cool. Had to read the documentation a little bit but very intuitive.  It worked and I re arranged my song in no time at all.   

Edit: Well I opened a few other projects and this is not happening so must have been a one off.  

Edited by John Vere

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:
7 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

For last and this update I have been getting these Type 0 dropouts ..

@aidan o driscoll, Noel, please if you can keep sharing your findings and possible solution with us here on forum. I was very inclined to buy this particular interface soon. Thx

Edited by chris.r

Zoom to Fit Project Horizontally - Зачем это нужно? Я так и не понял как применить на практике((( 

Мне кажется надо навести порядок в масштабировании.