[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.01 Early Access

Morten Saether

40 minutes ago, Евгений Петров said:

Всем привет ребята! Пользуюсь программой с 2009 года. Постоянно упускаю одну важную опцию. С каждого канала нужно сделать по два выхода.

Translator gave this:

Hi everybody! I have been using the program since 2009. I constantly miss one important option. You need to make two outputs from each channel.

Can this be moved to the Q&A forum for futher discussion? 

On 1/16/2021 at 5:30 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Even after the update, CbB is unusable. Type 1 audio dropouts every few seconds of playback, tweaking plugin parameters causes dropouts, sometimes pausing playback causes dropouts...In the current project I'm working, it takes me a few minutes to EQ a single track because you tweak a setting during playback, it causes a dropout, you go back play, then a random dropout occurs...I'm already running at the maximum latency I can.

This may the case for you but it is definitely not for me. 

Windows 10

8gb ram

intel i7, 2.8 GHz

Focusrite Scarlet Solo ASIO [you could use ASIO4All]

Also with with the safest (longest) latency.

Be careful what else you are running, including services.  I switched to 'WASAPI shared' briefly the other day and then it glitched.  I think I did it because I had been in a Zoom call and wanted to play a project and have people hear it.  Didn't work and when I played the project later on it really was glitching continually but even that could probably be fixed.

BTW I've been a Cakewalk Sonar user before CbB for years.  I am grateful, to Bandlab and Noel and his team, every day for CbB.

6 hours ago, Herbert Zio said:

Two vst3 synths "TyrellN6" and "OP-X Pro II" when trying to open them through the browser, the Cakewalk is closed. The "OP-X Pro II" when I try to open through "Insert> Soft Synth" the same thing happens. I used these synths normally, however, after I updated the Cakewalk, it started showing this problem.

According to the TyrellN6 readme, they have issues with the vst3 version:

During installation, the VST3 version is not enabled by default, and we highly recommend using VST2 for the time being. If you need to install VST3, e.g. if you have existing projects that already include VST3 versions of our software, please use the customization option in the installer, and enable VST3.

After working on full VST3 versions for several months, we were still encountering random errors and glitches - we had simply underestimated the complexity. Steinberg's advice was to do a complete rewrite as "simplified" VST3 (also included in SDK). However, rewriting would have meant considerable work, so we finally decided to call our current VST3 implementation "experimental" until we can afford to take the necessary steps.

Known issues with the VST3 versions:

- they don't report parameters on preset changes
- in Wavelab, they show symbols instead of registration info
- they crash FL 11 beta
- they don't show the selected patch name when a project is reopened

Again: We recommend using the VST2 versions for now. They behave the same, they sound the same, they're tried and tested!

See GIF. The track expand drag tool seems to be more difficult to use and I believe that it's a new problem with this version but haven't verified by rolling back. When I try to drag down to expose more tracks controls getting the tool to pop up seems more difficult and then once I start dragging it seems very likely to drop out while I'm holding down left click.

PVBaY1t.gif

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The i5-4670 is now 8 years old, and significantly slower than newer CPUs (that is, desktop CPUs - not laptop CPUs which prioritise battery life over performance).

Up until late last year, I was using an i5-3570, which is older still (9 years old). I replaced it with a i7-3770 (also 9 years old) and don't really notice much difference at all between the two for DAW use. I rarely get dropouts.

16GB doesn't mean much unless you're using large sample libraries, although if you're using Windows 10 it is very memory hungry and most would agree that 16GB is the minimum for Pro Audio applications. You can get away with 8GB if you're only recording audio, and you have fast SSD's, but it's not ideal.

CbB is not optimised for any CPU.  I used AMD (and prior to that Cyrix) CPU's up until the release of SONAR X2. I didn't have any issues with AMD processors. FYI - the only reason I moved to the i5-3570.was because I needed a Windows 7 compatible motherboard that also supported my very-much aging Yamaha DS2416 cards (from 1998). 

Is it the case that the current Thread Scheduling models aren't suitable for the latest AMD CPU's?  Maybe, but there are quite a few users running CbB with AMD processors without issue.

I recently moved back to Windows 7 and installed just CbB without any earlier versions have of Sonar, along with the early access update. Haven't finished installing everything. I'll rebuild the same project and report if there are any differences.

First, I would like to thank all of the CbB team for such a magnificent product.

As for 2021.01 Early access:

1. The 4 new Select buttons appear as two vertical lines using the default themes, although they are present in the theme folder:

1762973703_Screenshot2021-01-17143734.png.c0b404a1a23088f65bab843a94704a86.png

image.png.13a4caaf6fe885eb8005c0e30942ce02.png

2. Arranger still displays strange characters:

1063168448_Screenshot2021-01-17143828.thumb.png.bd5e67bce6601f295445c83b26c96f6e.png

20 hours ago, sjoens said:

If only the Time Ruler Digits were bigger too, NO?

Mine (2020.11) are agonizingly small.

I tend to use Microsoft "ZoomIt". If installed, just press Ctrl+4 and your screen gets zoomed. Afterwards press Ctrl+ArrowUp/Down to change the zoomfactor. It's so easy... All the best to you

Problems running some legacy project files...stalls at loading automation with error message 'The file may be damaged or incompatible with this version of Cakewalk'.  Loading project files in safe mode works okay but send levels and fader positions seem to be reset to default but maybe that's just a function of the safe mode.

4 hours ago, Nilo777 said:

First, I would like to thank all of the CbB team for such a magnificent product.

As for 2021.01 Early access:

1. The 4 new Select buttons appear as two vertical lines using the default themes, although they are present in the theme folder:

1762973703_Screenshot2021-01-17143734.png.c0b404a1a23088f65bab843a94704a86.png

Nope... you're using a custom theme. See here.

23 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

not seeing ALL in the channel strip. missing things like sends, etc in the channel strip in the inspector, but visible in the console view (scrolling up) and in the track view. note: in the track control manager they're all selected.

image.thumb.png.c860aff97163a56b2d28fc1c7d7c59ca.png

console view - when scrolled up it's there

image.png.421e62c3d7912b4a04f241b2ad00e843.png

is this some configuration setting i'm missing?

Hello.

Again I have the same problem with the automation curves when using fast rendering of my music.

When I try to output my music as MP3, Cakewalk lowers my expression automation line to zero and messes up two other parameters making them orphan.

Orphaned.jpg.274efd11b4dc9c558acbdb0645c34a07.jpg

I have a feeling that this is going to be difficult to fix, but I send you my saved file with and without the bug, hoping that you will find the solution.

Cordially.

Without Bugs.cwb With Bugs.cwb Without Bugs.mp3 With Bugs.mp3

Edited by lychee
  • Thanks 1