Morten Saether

[CLOSED] 2021.01 Early Access

52 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Yes because it's a topic for a Q&A. Cakewalk already give's us infinite tracks to route outputs to with Patchpoints and Sends. 

This is not the platform to discuss this. Inbox if you want to talk about anything. This thread is for feedback on 2021.01. 

aaaand the point is that the request belongs in feedback loop, not q&a :) enjoy your evening

On 1/16/2021 at 5:30 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Even after the update, CbB is unusable. Type 1 audio dropouts every few seconds of playback, tweaking plugin parameters causes dropouts, sometimes pausing playback causes dropouts...In the current project I'm working, it takes me a few minutes to EQ a single track because you tweak a setting during playback, it causes a dropout, you go back play, then a random dropout occurs...I'm already running at the maximum latency I can.

For last and this update I have been getting these Type 0 dropouts .. at this stage I am getting these with my older Cakewalk project files. Only time I dont get these dropouts is with brand new file, though I have not tested that enough yet.

The error I get as file loads is below, consistently. Plus it takes a while to load the files, longer than I would expect. System is Core i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB HD sata. And if they play, they do so with crackles eventually crashing with this dropout error 0 again.

So I decided to try something. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 audio I/F ( latest Drivers ). I decided to switch the AUDIO in CW Prefs to WASAPI so I could change over to the built in Realtek soundcard. BODA BING ... not alone did any of the "trouble" files load up without this dropout error, they also loaded super fast, no crackles.

So do i have to conclude that CW doesnt like the AUDIENT EVO 4 ASIO Driver? I just also tested the following .. I switched the AUDIENT over to WASAPI and once again BODA BING :D .. all seems to be well, fast file load, no crackles, no dropouts .. so far

Seems to be ( in my case ) the Audient Asio driver is the issue???

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

Edited by aidan o driscoll

Thanks for all your efforts !  I have used Sonar since 2007 or so....  Great Product !!  Mostly on Audio files,,, ( not alot of Midi) 

and have added some of the Waves Plug-Ins - and Bandlab is also awesome !!

Thanks !!!

35 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

For last and this update I have been getting these Type 0 dropouts .. at this stage I am getting these with my older Cakewalk project files. Only time I dont get these dropouts is with brand new file, though I have not tested that enough yet.

The error I get as file loads is below, consistently. Plus it takes a while to load the files, longer than I would expect. System is Core i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB HD sata. And if they play, they do so with crackles eventually crashing with this dropout error 0 again.

So I decided to try something. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 audio I/F ( latest Drivers ). I decided to switch the AUDIO in CW Prefs to WASAPI so I could change over to the built in Realtek soundcard. BODA BING ... not alone did any of the "trouble" files load up without this dropout error, they also loaded super fast, no crackles.

So do i have to conclude that CW doesnt like the AUDIENT EVO 4 ASIO Driver? I just also tested the following .. I switched the AUDIENT over to WASAPI and once again BODA BING :D .. all seems to be well, fast file load, no crackles, no dropouts .. so far

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

It would appear that something is inefficient when running with that ASIO device if its not showing an issue in WASAPI.
Hard to say since we've never used that device. Will try and contact the vendor and ask them to send us an interface for testing.

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It would appear that something is inefficient when running with that ASIO device if its not showing an issue in WASAPI.
Hard to say since we've never used that device. Will try and contact the vendor and ask them to send us an interface for testing.

Thanks @Noel Borthwick .. much appreciated ..

Same crew who gave us the ID4 I/F

https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id4/overview/

Edited by aidan o driscoll

13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

When installing whats with the Microsoft Edge Webview2 runtime install thing that pops up?

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

With my interface, setting it to WASAPI requires me to play the transport for a few seconds, otherwise the playback has crackles.

3 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I wish. I have an inexpensive USB 2.0 one. Didn't even have its own drivers.

Interesting you are getting the same kind of issues with a different I/F ..

Just installed and I can not Control the Master Outpul Level from my keyboard (logitech K400+) anymore.

Cakewalk it's the Only program that do not respond to Volume controls.

Just downloaded the early release. Looks good, so far no issues. Been using Cakewalk since MID 90's, so thanks for keeping it going. Really appreciate it.

5 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

CW_Dropouts1.jpg

Suggestion: untick "Use MMCSS" in Cakewalk's preferences.  There is some - ahem - disagreement about whether the driver or application should control use of MMCSS (Steinberg, MOTU and - from memory - RME all say it should be the driver, so I'd argue this is correct), and I wonder if there's some conflict here.

It's only a guess mind!

45 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Suggestion: untick "Use MMCSS" in Cakewalk's preferences.  There is some - ahem - disagreement about whether the driver or application should control use of MMCSS (Steinberg, MOTU and - from memory - RME all say it should be the driver, so I'd argue this is correct), and I wonder if there's some conflict here.

It's only a guess mind!

@Kevin Perry Thanking you good sir. So far, that appears to have sorted this issue.

ASIO working the way it should. Will try on my other system tomorrow and see if same. I move the EVO tween 2 systems